No announcement yet.

NEW FMS FLYWHEEL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if this is just a milled stock flywheel, I really don't see it as being a bad deal anyway. No way you could buy a new flywheel and get it machined for that price.
    OX SMASH!!

Comment

actually you probably could have bought it and machine it for less.....the point is no one in cali will lighten a stock flywheel because of some sort of reason.
      ---------------------------------------------------
      The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
      ---------------------------------------------------
      BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Who have you found that will lighten a flywheel for under $100? The cheapest I've seen is $160. None of the local shops will touch it, you have to mail it off and have a different shop do it.
        OX SMASH!!

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES
          the point is no one in cali will lighten a stock flywheel because of some sort of reason.
          Liability :!: :!:
          ------------------------------------------------
          The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
          Smart Passion white with H-D interior
          HD2500 Duramax Chevy
          Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
          Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
          Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
          Z28 LS1 power 500 +
          90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
          It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

I just got back from checking on this locally. Earlier, I called 6 of the local shops and 4 of them (the better and more popular of the 6) said it was too small already and they wouldn't do it, it wasn't safe. Period. Another said they would do it, but won't give any warranty for 135.00. The last one said bring it here today and I'll do it for 100.00. I just got back and here's my scoop locally. The shop that quoted 135.00 said they apologize but they won't lighten fws that small, and sent me on my way. The shop that quoted 100.00 wasn't even a real shop..Looked like this guys garage.. everything looked like it was made in the 20's and the guy barely spoke english. I guess I was talking to his son. There's no way I would trust them do my fw right. I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for". 170 for a brand new 1 already lightened? And delivered to your door? No hunting all over. Those shops weren't real close together either. I can't see a better deal from what I've done today.

Edit: To be fair, this is Saturday and over half of the shops I called were closed.

Comment

Like others have said because of liability, possible breakage due to the reduced mass or warping any number of reasons this may not be a good idea. Now designed lightweight flywheels... That's another story.
              Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Working...
              X