No announcement yet.

B6t swapped festiva, not the expected power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That needs to be fixed. That's a diverter valve, and needs to divert into the intake, pre turbo. This system requires all air to be metered and accounted for. That open valve is letting unmetered air into the system under closed and low throttle positions and is letting metered air escape when the turbo is spooling. This does lots of whacky things to the air fuel mixture.
    "Blow off valves" are inefficient and archaic. The diverter system was introduced to turbo setups about 40 years ago and it has been the preferred method of velocity maintenence since. The diverter valve maintains charge system velocity. The b6t has a very advanced turbosystem for a mid 80s design, and the diverter valve is no exception. Using a blow off valve on one of these engines is like swapping your tires for bias ply street tires because you think it's more like a race car. Lol
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 06-22-2017, 06:06 PM.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

This ia news to me, it was like that when bought. I don't have the factory parts, but routing hose to the intake from the diverting valve should take care of it

Comment

Good catch Bhazard!
        Sisbell90, you'll really have to go through that setup with a fine tooth comb, if that is how you got it.
        No car too fast !

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
          "Blow off valves" are inefficient and archaic.
          But! But! We need our

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Definitely A good catch Brad. Since I removed the Evo system and switched to B6T electronics I'm using a diverter valve. I like the fact that you cant hear it as it dumps back into the intake tubing.
            Jerry
            Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
            90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
            92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
            93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

I was going to say something about that but I also thought it was a blow-off valve, I just knew that when I took the recirculation tube off my Subaru it made it run really rich and would back fire often. I eventually put it back on after a week or so since it was messing with my tune and my plugs.

Comment

Working...
              X