G series clutch fork bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G series clutch fork bushings

So I let one of my transmissions sit for to long. The clutch fork shaft rusted a little and the bottom bushing froze to it. Of course my efforts to remove the shaft ended up damaging the bushing. It's no longer available from mazda or fourgreen so I'm going to need to get one made. Anyone know what material it should be made from and if a local machine shop would be able to do it?

Lower

Upper

Dimensions
    Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

I second this, Mine are pretty shot
    Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
    Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
    Feel free to PM me anytime!
    Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
    Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Thinking the bushings from the ford escape or mazda tributes with g boxes might be worth looking into.

Comment

They used a hydraulic clutch fork setup. This is only on the cable boxes.

Way too many cars

Comment

I have an open tranny i salvaged the shift linkage bar thing from, could it be worth taking a look at to see if i can send you a replacement? provided its not thrashed?

Car #789
          Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
          1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
          1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
          http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

I'm a machinest and that's no prob to make you just need to find out what material it is made from

Comment

Bronze would be my choice.
              '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
              '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
              '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFestiva View Post
                I have an open tranny i salvaged the shift linkage bar thing from, could it be worth taking a look at to see if i can send you a replacement? provided its not thrashed?
                Let me see how much it'll cost to get new ones made first. I'd rather not put 25yr old ish bushings back in.

Originally posted by tdk666 View Post
                I'm a machinest and that's no prob to make you just need to find out what material it is made from
                I thought so just wanted to be sure. The original ones are plastic. Just hope I can find a shop around here that will do it and not screw it up the first time.

Originally posted by Rick the Quick View Post
                Bronze would be my choice.
                That's what I was thinking but didn't know if there was something better suited.
                Last edited by shorestiva; 11-07-2017, 09:47 PM.

Way too many cars

Comment

Bronze or nylon. Bronze will last infinitely longer then nylon.
                  '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
                  '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
                  '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Working...
                  X