No announcement yet.

Torque timing chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was joking dude... I dont have either.... THEY ARE TOTAL JUNK!!!!! Honestly please dont waste your money on them. They dont help at all.. The only thing that has been proven about them is LOSING fuel economy, and LOSING power. Save your money for a b-6 sohc you will get exactly what youre looking for, a little extra power, and probably a little extra mileage as the b6 will use less effort to get going.
    91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
    00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
    88 gtx
    74 torino- enduro car.

Comment

Heres the Tornado for you! http://tinyurl.com/2haf5n
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

Cut the snorkel off the filter box and widen the hole a little. That will give you a bit more throttle response, which will make the car feel snappier. Spend $5 on aluminum foil and wrap the intake hose. That will keep your intake temperature down a little. Swap the TB for a larger unit from a 323. That will improve throttle response. If you don't care about milage, a 323 ecu has a little more aggressive fuel maps, which might net you a couple more hp.
        Thanks for the advice, whats a TB? i only just started learning car stuff not too long ago, it turned into an obsession. i was wanting to buy a 323 for the B6 anyways, but i dont want to do anything thats going to take my Mileage down by much more than 1 or 2 mpg

1.3Liter 4 cylinder FI , OHC, FWD, 3DR, 4ST, Stud. Tires

Comment

well i guess i better think twice about taking your guys' advice if ur gonna joke around about that. theres no way to tell the difference. INTERNET LACKS TONE! especially when u don't add a hint at all, i havent even owned a car before this festiva, none the less modified one.
          and i always ask my grandfather's opinon before i do anything, i'd take his word over god's if he talked to me.

[EDIT] i saw that tornado thing before when i was cruising ebay lookin for piston rings and injectors. i thought to myself i wouldn't buy that thing because its too ugly and i dont think i put my hood down with it on

Comment

Seriously don't buy either of these items, they aren't going to do you any good! I don't want to see you throw your money away. Search the forums and see wht others have done. A cold air intake can be made cheap and give you a small increase in performance. A free flowing exhaust will help. A B6 engine will give you a good boost without loosing hardly any gas milage.
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

try doing a tune up...new spark plugs, new plug wires, new cap, change the fuel filter etc etc. You arent gonna find much of a differnece anywhere else modding a b-3....
              91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
              00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
              88 gtx
              74 torino- enduro car.

Comment

the performance mod is already here! i didn't order it, my mom did, its for her car, but i doubt it will do her any good so it will most likely go to me. i have to drive this rig to school and work everyday, i dont want a weak car, this thing has to look good, sound good, and run good.
                im interested in the cold air intake, please continue. i am already looking into a B6 but i cannot afford a 323 right now. i am keeping an eye out for one with a possible bad transmission or frame but low km engine that runs good.

Comment

I read in one of my car mags that the company that makes the tornado is being sued for false advertiseing.
                  Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
                  99 Dodge Caravan SE
                  95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
                  94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
                  78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
                  78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
                  03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
                  95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
                  95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
                  95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

probably, it looks like a tin can somone knocked in with a hammer

Comment

The TORNADO doesn't work not because of the engine size but because of physics.
                      It causes the same bad effect you would get if you rifled your exhaust. The energy
                      required to get the air spinning negates any supposed gains from "more turbulence
                      for better combustion mix". Essentially the air molecules have to travel further overall
                      as the spiral path is much longer than going straight through. Don't waste your money.
                      As for the "performance chip" just goto radioshack and buy a 0 ohm - 5000 ohm
                      potentiometer, connect it to the same wire as the "chip" and ground the 3rd wire.
                      now you have an "Adjustable ECU". Even better, lengthen the wires and install the
                      pot in your dash so you can "tune on the fly". Plus it will only cost 3-5 bucks.
                      Nothing says "triumph of enthusiasm over physics" like a Front Wheel Drive race car.
                      - Dennis Grant
                      FarNorthRacing.com

Comment

em, i live in the mojave area and my commute is about 700 a week atm, usually more, and half that is going over walker pass(5000 ft.) i live in inyokern, ca(2300 odd ft) to get my car over that hump i stay in 4th gear the whole way at an average of 65 mph at 3500 rpm. mods are an auto disty(more advance) protege k\n filter and a custom built 2 inch exhaust. other n my grant steering wheel and speaker box, car is stock. little motor=big revs man. dont be scared to wind it out over them hills, jes get a tach so you know you arent turning more than 5000 rpms. those 4 little juice cans prolly dont start makin torque till 3000 rpm. hence why im building a 1.6 and have an aspire suspension on my porch.
                        is not sposed ta do that...
                        05 subaru legacy gt
                        1991 nissan nx2000(almost awesome as a festiva, my first failed mtx)
                        1988(?) festiva LX 5spd (rescued from crusher,aspire swap done, working on turbocharging the 1.3...)

Comment

Working...
                        X