No announcement yet.

Fuel economy for different options: B6, B6T, BP, BPT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My gas mileage with a 5-speed went from 42MPG with a B3, to 45MPG with a B6 SOHC, to low 30s with my BP
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Zippy gets about 33hwy and 28 city.. BP/ATX But that's my normal heavy foot. I have done 38 on the highway keeping it at 60.

Comment

Hey, this is kinda off topic here but... Can anyone tell me how much weight a B6 would add to a festiva?

Comment

^^They are virtually the same as the B3 so, 10lbs maybe.

Comment

I have possible head gasket problems. My plugs were white coated when I pulled them a few months back. New plugs solved my stalling at stoplight problems, so it was the fouling.

I have the B6 ECU, so that's not the problem. Also, my "new" tach cluster seems to have an inaccurate fuel gauge. But that shouldn't affect my measuring the mileage via the trip odometer. I add the 4.5% for my larger Aspire tires (165/70-13s).

The fuel gauge inaccuracy has caused me to run out of gas twice!

When I pull the engine for the Aspire ATX swap, I'll probably be freshening up the top end and installing a new head gasket. A CAI should help, too.

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy
              A CAI should help, too.
              other then a costom tube from the TB to the air meter and useing the stock box, is there a CAI available? if so I'm VERY interested, because I was just going to fab a costom tube from the TB and leave my bumper mounted "ram air" tube that feeds my air box, but if a real CAI is out there............. :twisted:

Comment

So, if I stay with a manual tranny on an BP-ZE, I should probably see closer to 30city/35hwy? Taking it easy on the car, I mean. I don't normally beat on the Aspire. There's not enough power there to make it worthwhile...

Ren
                1995 Ford Aspire 4-door
                1991 Mistubishi Galant VR-4 (x3)
                1974 Mazda Rotary Pickup

Comment

I get close to 40mpg w/the B6 SOHC swap.. -Kyle
                  Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

pretty much stock b3 in my 5sp efi car, drive over mountains everyday, drive it wide open pretty much all the time, i average around 32 to 25
                    is not sposed ta do that...
                    05 subaru legacy gt
                    1991 nissan nx2000(almost awesome as a festiva, my first failed mtx)
                    1988(?) festiva LX 5spd (rescued from crusher,aspire swap done, working on turbocharging the 1.3...)

Comment

Well if you do go with the BP swap, let me know ren, I am just itching to put a bp-ze in mine, heck maybe even the Z5, I already have a heavier than stock tranny, might as well take advantage of that
                      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Working...
                      X