superchargers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey being my first post i ask you go easy on me my ignorance may show

First of all i actually joined this forum to see the power ups for B3 engines

What i can contribute (here in the land Down Under) is that two supercharger that i am considering for the job

Nissan MA09
    Manufactured by Aisin for Nissan Motor Company. Coded AMR500
    Unit measures:
    17cm long
    18cm wide
    13cm tall
    (not including the mounts and bolt-on inlet and outlet pipes).
    Displaces 500cc per revolution.

if you could get the ratio to cram 500cc into the 325cc chamber ( 1300cc divided by 4) into would give alot of boost

Alternatively the toyota SC12 displaces 1200cc per revolutions but it is much bigger but would have to do less rpm to give same boost (?)

Swapping the B3 head for a B6 (is this simple?) would give you
    bigger valves,
    lower compression (well you might as well port/polish it while it's off),
    increase air flow (?),
    Bigger injectors, (?)

(you could even use the 1.6L ECM to give a 25% richer squirt )

All in all they where the ideas i had for a 1989 Mazda 121 funtop, mainly because it was less fabing kept the engine number the same (hence not just engine swapping)

In theory i like turbos, in practice the supercharger is easy to do a junkyard bolt-on (not to mention the thought of my sister or mother taking a turbo car scares me, at least with the supercharger it can be set up to be Non-BoV friendly )
    :angel12:-Santos
    I Officially Hate Spelling Cow v1.6.0

Comment

well, with the motor swaps commonly done to these cars, honestly i think a supercharger fabrication is harder than a full swap. Of course, the good motors aren't available everywhere and in that case i could see where going for a turbo or s/c B3 makes sense. Yes the B6 SOHC bolts in directly, see Wil's articles on engine swaps or www.projectmazda.com

I would invest in some form of strengthened internals for the B3 though. Most times engines are manufactured to be safe up to double their stock power output, which on a B3 would only be about 100-120 flywheel hp, and 80-110 wheel hp. Still pretty quick in a Festy but leaves a lot to be desired for the work of fabbing a blower system. Also, if you use the bigger blower you can always use a larger pulley first and then swap to a smaller pulley if and when you need more boost. Just a thought.

Comment

Yes and having Stealth mods keep Cops off your case... arguably if the engine number matches the chassis then it's a stocker

But i am not wanting to go power hungry just extract 50-60% more
        (Well 90hp and a boost load of torque seems reasonable, bit of zip for the Funtop :roll: )
        :angel12:-Santos
        I Officially Hate Spelling Cow v1.6.0

Comment

Bringing up really old threads but I think a B6 with upgraded internals supercharged and turbo charged would be an amazing setup it you are really good a squishing things in run a a small pulley on the suer charge so you have good boost through out the rpm range. An then run really low boost via the turbo say and added 4-7 psi just to give an extra kick near the top end. This would be really exspensive and over kill but could be a very interesting setup

Comment

Yeah not to mention needing a stand alone fuel management system or 2 ;-)

Comment

Well I'd really like to run a S/C someday on my yet to get running and swapped to a B6 Speedstiva!

Strong internals and about 130 hp would be nice. One problem might be too much torque at the lower rpms for the stock 5 speed MTX. Might have to go G25MR.

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Get a upercharger out of a buick. You could probably pick one up used really cheap. I forget which buicks have one, but I am pretty sure some the regal's do, and some other buick that has 2 doors lol. The names have escaped me.

Anything is posible with enough brackets and patience.
                When all elce fails Duct-Tape provails

Comment

Buck Riviera.... just remembered
                  When all elce fails Duct-Tape provails

Comment

Working...
                  X