• Show
Clear All

With regard to your question about gold leaf, our President
    said that our laser process is not etched but engraved to a
    depth of approximately 40-50/1000th of an inch and then machined until
    smooth after the inlaying process. He said that if you have someone who
    wants to try filling the engraving with gold leaf and then return to us for
    fill with the resin, we would give it a try, although EPCO is not
    responsible for damage which may occur during the overlay process.

My knob is scheduled to ship May 6. I asked them for a photo before they ship.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 05-02-2013, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Here's Johnny!

I think it looks a lot nicer than the factory shift knob.

However, I am unsure if I will actually use this or not. Since I won the black leather armrest from Germany, I may just stick with the RX-7 red stitched leather shift knob that matches my red stitched leather seats.

However, that logo matches my floor mats!

What to do?

I am considering ordering an engraved black shift knob to inlay the Festiva logo with pure gold leaf and have it sent back for finishing. I am going to phone Liz Hunt Gilding for a quote.

Gerg, did they make yours at the same time? If so, be sure to post a picture of your knob when you get it. Mine is going to be sitting on a shelf in Lewiston for a while.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 05-09-2013, 09:21 AM.

Comment

I havent had a chance to order it yet. I have been trying to get my other car running. But I may try and order it this weekend.

Comment

Comment

Those are some sexy knobs. So many design options: from the look of the available designs, it might be a good idea to let whoever is crafting these knobs come up with a few of their own design concepts for the Festy knobs.
            "DORIS": 1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver 71K Miles

Comment

That's a good question. I have never seen how it's done. I can only imagine. I sent an email asking what the design limits were. I want to know how many colors they can inlay and if the design can go all the way around the knob. I gave them an example of the Festiva design currently on eBay

Comment

Thank you for the feedback. We are not able to produce the logo
                with 2 different background colors as pictured on the ebay brochure.
                However, members can select any of the styles and colors we have and can
                choose the color for the inlaid "Festiva" logo. If your members want to come
                to us with other custom designs, we will respond quickly with an answer as
                to whether their design is possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
                Kind regards,
                Tracey Mikesh

Notice they didn't say if they filled in the engraving by hand or how far around the knob they can engrave. So, I asked her again.
                I guess my Darth Vader knob is out of the question then. (unless I get them to engrave it only and finish it by myself).
                Last edited by bravekozak; 05-13-2013, 08:39 AM.

Comment

I picked up my Festiva shift knob today. It is excellent. I like the size, feel and weight of the knob. It is a 2" diameter ball. The jam nut on the bottom is small and does not interfere with the grip. I also like the size of the logo. It is not too large or garish. The laser etching is very sharp. The shift knob is nicer than in the blurry picture that the company took. I like not having a shift pattern. I like having black on white in a predominantly black interior. It is easily seen, and offers the proper amount of contrast. The Corksport bronze bushings allow for precise shifts. Now I have genuine Festiva logo mudflaps, a nice matching metal Festiva badge on the tailgate, matching Festiva logo floor mats, and matching Festiva logo shift knob. I'm finished.
                  If anyone else orders a custom Festiva knob in a different color combo, please be sure to post in this thread. Thanks.

Comment

Got an aftermarket gearknob? It is a legal requirement for all vehicles to have a shift pattern displayed nearby the gearshift lever.

I have asked TRD if they would be able to make a 5 speed H-pattern, white on black with a Festiva logo. I will post their response next week. I want to apply it to a blank plastic filler plate in my shifter console.

Would anyone else be interested in purchasing one? I trust they will keep their price the same.
                    Last edited by bravekozak; 04-17-2014, 02:17 PM.

Comment

hi there,

we cannot print white on black.

we can print black on white however.

or we can print onto brushed alloy look vinyl.

for custom it will be $15. you get a pair.

kind regards
                      SFX

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 7:49 AM, dp <bravekozak@bellnet.ca> wrote:
                      Hello,

Could you print a 5-speed shift pattern 18mm X 28mm with a Festiva logo on the bottom?

Here is the logo in postscript and pdf formats:

http://bwbronze.com/festiva/festiva_logo.ps

http://bwbronze.com/festiva/festiva_logo.pdf

Prefer white on black.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is anybody else interested? I want to see if I can lower the price down. $7.50 each is a little high.
                      Five speed shift pattern black on white with the Festiva logo.

Comment

Anyone interested in buying some of these (with the Festiva logo) with me?

===============================================

hey mate,

actually, we can do that.

it will be black print to get it black, and the white area will be unprinted.

how many do you want?

kind regards
                        sFX

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 2:32 AM, dp <bravekozak@bellnet.ca> wrote:
                        Thanks for the reply. So, there is no way to get something that looks like this?

http://bwbronze.com/festiva/razo.jpg

Are there any volume price breaks?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

Last edited by bravekozak; 04-24-2014, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Still doing the group buy or…?

Comment

hey mate,

can do 4 x shipped to Canada for $20 total.

I have attached a draft, let me know if that is what your after
                            has rounded corners. 28mm x 18mm

kind regards
                            Josh

---------------------------------------------------------

What a coincidence. I just got this in my mailbox this morning.
                            I think it looks great. It matches the laser engraved logo on my shifter knob.
                            Last edited by bravekozak; 05-01-2014, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Thats pretty cool and yes we Subaru guys love our cars haha.
                              Tom

Comment

hey mate,

has been sent

items generally take 14-20 business days to arrive
                                (2-3 weeks)

sent in a normal envelope.

kind regards
                                Josh

Comment

Working...
                                X