mostly gutted festiva.... numbers inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks sasquatch !

Im bringing home another car tonight what will be my doner for suspension, hubs, control arms, rear end,wheels so this weekend i can REALLY get into this project

going to be a fun winter build !
    93' Festiva gl 1.3 5spd
    94' Mx3 gs 2.5 5spd

Comment

This looks like it will be a sweet build, just subscribed. :thumbup:

Comment

13 in wheels are going to be heavier than the 12 if they are both steelies
        Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
        88? Parts car-sold
        91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
        86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
        1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

Originally posted by gorgonheimer View Post
          13 in wheels are going to be heavier than the 12 if they are both steelies

13 inch wheels ? my stock are the 12 alloys, theyre useless for me. i need something i can run a half decent tire
          93' Festiva gl 1.3 5spd
          94' Mx3 gs 2.5 5spd

Comment

Originally posted by lxoom View Post
            13 inch wheels ? my stock are the 12 alloys, theyre useless for me. i need something i can run a half decent tire
            I'd say the 12's are about HALF the size of a decent tire hahaha

Comment

I just read this post. Cant wait to see final weight, and the trophys!!
              Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

pull the dash and remove the main support beam...then put the dash back... i think its around 20-30 lbs
                I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

I'd recommend Honda VX wheels (13" X 5"; around 9 pounds each) with Sumitomo 175/50-13 tires. Those'd be quite light, with some decent width/traction. There has been some question in some quarters over how safe 175/50-13s would be, but so far no one's told any horror stories, and plenty of folks have run them on Festivas, Rabbits and heavier. Just be warned that they could be unsafe, especially if you load up your car with weight.

Too bad Falken stopped making the 175/60-13s. Those were a perfect size.

As for the "main support beam" behind the dash, would that have any part in body rigidity and handling/response?

Karl
                  Last edited by Safety Guy; 11-27-2009, 12:08 PM.
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

You could remove the map pockets and the GL upper interior door trim and send them to me.
                    sigpic
                    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                      I'd recommend Honda VX wheels (13" X 5"; around 9 pounds each) with Sumitomo 175/50-13 tires. Those'd be quite light, with some decent width/traction. There has been some question in some quarters over how safe 175/50-13s would be, but so far no one's told any horror stories, and plenty of folks have run them on Festivas, Rabbits and heavier. Just be warned that they could be unsafe, especially if you load up your car with weight.

Too bad Falken stopped making the 175/60-13s. Those were a perfect size.
                      The Sumitomo HTR200 comes in a 175/60x13.
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                      X