Power...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power...

Hatch release! Since I hate having to use a key to open my hatch all the time I decided to do something about it.

Here is the actuator (mazda mpv)

Open your hatch, sit on your bumper and look up at the lower passenger side corner of the hatch, thats where its mounted, parallel to the linkage to the lock cylinder.

I got a pack of cable clamps at my favorite auto fabrication materials store (home depot).

Bolt in the actuator and connect the linkages with a clamp.

I'll update this with more pics after I run the wiring and everything. Then I'll be moving to the door locks!

Cool, I might have to look into doing this on mine. Maybe this should be a sticky?
    '90 LX

Comment

should be added to the interchangeable parts thread too!! or at least the actuator

Comment

My junkyard list keeps getting longer and longer.

Does it matter what year MPV?
        Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
        '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
        '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

All the ones I found had the same style actuator. I'd imagine you could do it with any kind that you can fit in there that lines up right.

Comment

Stupid question, but this is so it opens on it's own so you just walk up and lift no need for the original handle right? or just to unlock?

Comment

You could hook it to the handle linkage but then it would have to be unlocked to open. I have it hooked to the lock linkage so it just unlocks it. I keep it locked all the time and want to be able to just hit a button on/under the dash so I don't have to manually unlock with the key. Sounds stupid talking about it but really it is annoying to have to take the keys out of the ignition and have to manually unlock it just to open it to get something.

Comment

having power door locks is SO nice i love it!!! but when i put my viper alarm i didnt wire up my door locks cause i didnt have the right relays... thats one thing i still need to get done... after having them working for about a year and then have them stop working is a big PITA

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Ok I don't have to unlock mine lol so I could hook to the linkege for the handle that will be cool. I want to do power locks as well. What did you get to unlock it with? Was it a kit you bought that had the ulocker thing? lol

Comment

Originally posted by hofficergrover View Post
                    Ok I don't have to unlock mine lol so I could hook to the linkege for the handle that will be cool. I want to do power locks as well. What did you get to unlock it with? Was it a kit you bought that had the ulocker thing? lol
                    I don't leave my car unlocked, so when I want to get into the back it needs to be unlocked. There is no point in rigging up a popper to the handle unless you shave the hatch handle, that would be like putting door poppers on your car without shaving the handles.

Comment

Hmm I have a actuator that was left in the driver doors knew I didn't throw it away for a reason. Just need to get a switch from the junkyard. I find it quite annoying having to unlock also.. the Aspire's setup allowed for a popper.
                      91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Originally posted by ericsmith32 View Post
                        Hmm I have a actuator that was left in the driver doors knew I didn't throw it away for a reason. Just need to get a switch from the junkyard. I find it quite annoying having to unlock also.. the Aspire's setup allowed for a popper.
                        That's because the aspire hatch is opened with the key at all times

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                        92 GL - parts car
                        97 aspire - parts car
                        87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                        http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                        Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

need a life

I almost tripped, running to the nearest junk yard. I got one out of an MPV before noon today. Now I just have to put it in. My heart.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                            I almost tripped, running to the nearest junk yard. I got one out of an MPV before noon today. Now I just have to put it in. My heart.
                            Well if you happen to find another send it this way since there's no mpv's down here

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                            92 GL - parts car
                            97 aspire - parts car
                            87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                            http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                            Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Yeah I know what you mean, but I just asking and will be just doing the unlocker like sasquatch has.

Comment

Working...
                              X