No announcement yet.

Painting Interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha yea i had this ozzy osborne statue and i just cut it off at the hips and drilled a hole into it. then i filled it up with hot glue and stuck it on to my shifter. let it dry and there ya go. custom shift knob. sometimes in the summer its a little soft. moves a tad bit. but still a lovely shifter. love that thing.

Comment

her is a better pciture of the shifter.

Comment

Originally posted by skinnypin View Post
        haha yea i had this ozzy osborne statue and i just cut it off at the hips and drilled a hole into it. then i filled it up with hot glue and stuck it on to my shifter. let it dry and there ya go. custom shift knob. sometimes in the summer its a little soft. moves a tad bit. but still a lovely shifter. love that thing.
        perhaps if you appy petroleum jelly to the threads of the shifter and then fill the statue with a two part epoxy and then stick it on there and let it dry - once its dry you should be able to unthread it

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
        92 GL - parts car
        97 aspire - parts car
        87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
        http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
        Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

it already does unthread. the hot glue dries up good. I have unthreaded it off and on before.

Comment

Originally posted by skinnypin View Post
            it already does unthread. the hot glue dries up good. I have unthreaded it off and on before.
            You mentioned it moved on hot days I thought that might fix it

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
            92 GL - parts car
            97 aspire - parts car
            87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
            http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
            Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

yea but its not bad at all. kind of like it when its a bit soft.

Comment

I am also in the process of painting my interior red and black lol. Im using vinyl dye for the plastics and its turning out pretty well.
                Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Comment

yea i will be ordering some vinyl dye through my local napa. I get the store discount since i know the guys that work there .

Comment

:dontknow: All the red paint looks a little rice imo and what is that on the top of your dash? It that a piece of wooden railing?

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

it sure is a wooden railing. it works for keeping things from falling off the dash.

i have not been on here for quite a while. but i have finished the whole inside of the car (at least the panels). It looks good and has lasted just fine. The only reason I have some scratch marks is because of my dog. haha he likes to get up on to the dash and the back panels to look out the window.

so i will have to say anyone that has been thinking about painting the interior and dont know if it will turn out. IT WILL! as long as you do it right. i did experiment on not sanding and then sanding. it sticks much better with sanding and i would even recomend sand, paint, sand, paint, paint. or what i just did was sand, paint, paint, paint. which turned out just fine.

Comment

Paint looks good.. but not a big fan of that wood rail. Isn't there something else you could use?
                        www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
                        www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
                        Snoopy's
                        4621 Atlantic Ave
                        Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

looks good enough for me personally. if you have an idea, create it. sure everyone is open to other ideas.

Comment

Working...
                          X