manual belt swap help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manual belt swap help needed

My passenger side manual belt I have only goes out about 1/2'' at a time and then clicks any ideas on how to fix this. Also would using the manual seat belt receptacle from the donor car be advised or are the lap belt ones for the auto belts fine? It seems like the manual belt receptacle has more of a robust mount than the auto one.

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Well that's real comforting that I'm the only that has encountered this problem.

Comment

Uhhh when I tried the belts out of the Capri the passenger one would lock up so bad it was impossible to use. Make sure the big thing the belt comes out of is as straight and vertical as possible.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

yeah I didn't put it in the car yet so that might be part of the problem. My friend said there is an inertial switch inside.
        Last edited by big_ty2003; 06-13-2010, 10:54 AM.

Comment

^ yeah that is what stops the belt from loosening upon impact
          It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Yeah I noticed this once I removed the rear belt. Went to reinstall and I had to hold it level so I could extend it to the bolt hole.
            -Donny
            -1992 Festiva GL
            B6D/E-series.
            -1991 GL
            BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Works fine now that it is mounted. Now I just need to hack up the pillar cover like I did the driver's side and put it all back together.

Comment

make sure you put that small bracket on top of the lower belt bracket to keep it for wobbling otherwise it will lock up when driving and irritate the crap out of you
                I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

yeah mine are just bolted on the bottom. I didn't remember seeing a bracket for the top at the j/y. It was like 85 degree's out and I was in a swamp though so I could have had sweat in my eyes, lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X