Clock Delete 12V/Aux-In Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathegg View Post
    Would be cool to have the cover with hinges so you can just flip it up?
    Let's resurrect this. I'll reiterate a bit, and reintroduce this to the newbies. The cover is a simple slide-out item. If you attach a small handle to the cover, it makes it much easier to open, thus remove. When you remove the cover, you'll need to trim the inside supports a little bit to get it to sit back down over the new panel, but here's what it should look like below, in a quick design:

The USB rear input is becoming a bit more of the norm now, and so the USB connectivity with this application is very real. With the aforementioned USB panel, you just need to splice & wire in the correct terminals after cutting the end of a USB extension cable, and you're live.

For those of you who wanted a clock with this, it's now possible as well. There's a lot you can do in a tiny space, eh? The big downside is the fact that if you keep the cover, you'll hide the clock. That is, unless you trim the cover to reveal the clock, which is cool too.

So yes, I've got an idea as to make this work with a bit of steel bending and cutting.

I may even put a few together to sell.

Maybe.
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Working...
    X