• Show
Clear All

Surely you guys remember this one

BMW front cliped Festy :shock:
    ------------------------------------------------
    The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
    Smart Passion white with H-D interior
    HD2500 Duramax Chevy
    Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
    Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
    Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
    Z28 LS1 power 500 +
    90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
    It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Front clip

The best front clip conversion would be the GTA it looks great and was originally on a festiva, under the skin it was a GTX so you get the BJ motor basically the B6 DOHC in 1.3 liter form. but the bodywork rocks, it would also turn the car into a right hand drive, This would be a piece of cake to do, look cool and unique and be the right bloodline. If you could import the front clip and transfer everything over, it would be pretty easy all the openings, etc for either right or left hand drive are already on the festiva, you could probably do this over a weekend.
      The only real problem with this is that the GTA was a pretty rare car and that was 15 years ago so finding a front clip in good enough condition to make it worthwhile could be hard and expensive.
      Chris Rummel

Comment

GTA is really the best option, because it looks like a direct bolt on with little modification, and it looks so good. Don't worry about what other people think of your car or ideas, as long as you like them that's all that really matters. There will always be someone who doesn't like your car no matter what you do or don't do to it.
        The Festiva Store
        Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Or if you live in Canada you could just import the whole car and drive it! :shock:

Comment

Those are good ideas. I appreciate all the input. I have the determination and knowledge and access to knowledge being in the autobody industry. I want to do something that hasnt been already done and will look good and will turn head and have people starring. All my ideas are still in the air as far as what to do. Some say it will look like ass, if you do it wrong or sloppy yes, but if you take your time and do things right they can turn out not too bad. But again i thank all that have input and value it. This site has been alot of help to me
            Harley Festiva Dan

Comment

yeah gotta love the gta...i talked to the guys over at corksport awhile back about getting me a festiva gtx engine or a front halfed gta. they said they could get the engine, and had imported them before, but it would be probably 3-6 months lead time to find one. as for the gta they said they had NEVER seen one available. just too rare. such a shame. maybe someone out there will get the gumption enough to have a fiberglass shop reproduce the panels, and make molds lol. i know i'm way too much of an optimist. if i wasn't so hell bent on getting the shogun panels i might just see about it lol.
              Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
              1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
              1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
              2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

Well folks, I've narrowed it down to 3 front ends. 2004 Scion XB Projectors, 1998 Honda Civic Projectors or 1999 Ford F-150 projecotrs. I talked to some custom shops and they told me how to do it and Id like some input on what i should do. Thanks, if you don't like my idea, let me know why, im interested
                Harley Festiva Dan

Comment

front end

hey I would love for someone with some bodywork expertise to reproduce the GTA front end. Really just five pieces make up the GTA the fenders/front headlights, grill, front bumper, and the rear bumper. other then that it is all GTX. I believe it even still uses the GTX hood, which is available since it is the one you get from FMS. I'm going to have projectors on my car, I made my own using Hella projectors for the main lights and a set of round driving lights for the high beams.
                  Chris Rummel

Comment

If I can find the time I may start doing concept drawings of Festi's. I also have a friend in Cali that was taught under Chip Foose and I might be able to get her to do a couple. i want to do something totally original to but lack the experience in body work and interiors to do it myself. Maybe some trade-outs are in order?!
                    Tired of...waiting...must...build ...Festy...!

Comment

the gta is simpler than that...not sure about the back, but the front fenders are stock festiva units, then it looks like one piece on the front bumper/grill/headlight extension. the headlights should be a stock piece, if someone is feeling really froggy they could always use a known festiva measurement to determine the headlight diameter. it would really be a very simple front bumper to mock up, just a little plywood, a little clay and a little patience... you'd have a buck.
                      Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
                      1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
                      1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
                      2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

I think I wanna try my hand at glassing a custom widebody kit for my festy... maybe something that resembles the 87 mustang cobra body kits...
                        89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                        94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                        2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                        1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

I got it!! you could do a pinto front clip... wouldn't that be something? and its still a direct ford clip...
                          89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                          2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                          1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Working...
                          X