Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bit of an all rounder really - interior, exterior, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bit of an all rounder really - interior, exterior, etc.

i have already ripped the aspire brake swap guide into the forums as i think it's pretty good

here is a link from the same source

there are quite a few guides here that i think can be adaptable or at least give people some idea as it's all mazda/festiva/kia/familia related info (sorry if i missed a few models or incorrectly labelled a car to be on the list when it wasn't, but it's late.)

if anyone wants to suss out any info and make writeup threads.. go ahead
    Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
    Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
    Highway - 7.32L/100km
    City - yet to be determined.

there is also some notes from the publisher as well

In this section you will find various walk-throughs on installations of peformance items, as well as general maintenence. Hopefully using these How-To's will save you time and prevent you from messing up the install like I have done with so many things (springs, shifter, calipers). If you have a how-to that you'd like to submit, please email it to me at: groharlem@hotmail.com I will give full credit for your work (^_^)

Coming soon:

-Take Apart G-series transmission & swap bellhousing
    -Remove transmission from car with engine still installed
    -Install 01-03 Honda Civic Projector headlights into your MX-3
    -Install a Mazdaspeed Protege 2-way (clutch-type) Limited-Slip differential, manufactured by Tochigi Fugi Sangyo into your G-series transmission.

i think there is also some good coming soons as well (as long as they are adaptable to festiva's )

there's an email address if anyone wants to try to follow it up.

Avg Economy:
    Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

Thanks!! I used to have that saved but lost it some how. Glad you found it!!!
      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

I don't know if I'd take advice from someone who recommends installing scotch clips in an ignition system. Is a soldered tap splice really that hard to do? I never had a problem making them.
        Last edited by Tommychu; 01-20-2013, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommychu View Post
          I don't know if I'd take advice from someone who recommends installing scotch clips in an ignition system. Is a soldered tap splice really that hard to do? I never had a problem making them.
          maybe replace the scotch clips with something else like real soldering skillz and heatshrink instead.. use the same technique as it seems sound but the fastener/method of fastening/soldering is mainly the issue here.

Avg Economy:
          Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

Working...
          X