Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

custom guage cluster... (completed! 9/26 lots more pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very unique and looks great
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

best part is, it requires no modifications to the vehicle itself (ie, no cutting wires or anything) so I can take it out and put it in any festiva I want ... though why would I want it in anything besides my BP car? :lol:
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

well, you could always take it out and ship it to me... :lol: :lol:
        seriously though, that is awesome. it looks great. could you not put some blue tint over the toplights though to make it all match?
        89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
        92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
        New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

Maybe i missed it, but what year Protige did the speedo and tach come out of?

~Josh
          99 SVT "BLKOUT2" - # 1571 - PRT track whore
          98 SVT - PRT R&D car
          90 Festiva "BLKTIVA"

Comment

the speedo and tach are from either a '91 or a '94 I think (it had a BP in it whatever year it was)... several reason I chose that car: 1. I wanted something from a BP car for the 7K redline, 2. cause I wanted a matching speedo and tacho (so the needles would be the same length) and the speedo on a EGT doesn't hookup to the festy cable, and last but not least, thats what was available to me at the time .

Originally posted by geezerstiva
            well, you could always take it out and ship it to me...
            If I can find an electronics shop to etch some real circuit boards for me I'll gladly start making an selling them... I had a lot of fun building it
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

the PCB would cost you a bit, but if enough people forwarded you the cash you could make 100 for almost as cheap as 10.

Here are some sites that I was looking into when making my atari handheld.

Sunstone Offers Expert Service In High Quality Printed Circuit Board Manufacturing & PCB Assembly, Including Prototype & Production PCBs. Instant Quote
              It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by geezerstiva
                could you not put some blue tint over the toplights though to make it all match?
                Well it took me over six months but I finally did it:lol:. I just got the clear plastic piece from the toplighting from an orange cluster (the ones from the white clusters are already tinted green) and I took some blue window tinting and wrapped it around three times and reinstalled it... its a little dim, but not too bad, next time I have to take the cluster out I'll probably take it down to just two layers of blue to let a little more light through but its not so bad that I'm going to remove the cluster just for that. I'll try to remember to get a pic tonight, it looks pretty good, especially with my blue face stereo and my blue neons... all thats left is getting some blue bulbs put in the heater controls and I'll have a completely blue lit interior. Didn't someone do a write-up recently about changing the heater control bulbs? I seem to remember seeing it but a search isn't getting me to it...?
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

you should make a few more to sell to your fellow festiva mates
                  There is no replacement for displacement, except for the turbo in my basement.

Comment

Indiglo

When I worked at Michaels arts and crafts, a guy came in looking for this blue acetate that we carried in sewing, His friends scanned and inverted their speed/tach/clusters, printed them so they were mostly white instead of black, then put the blue translucent acetate over top. He swore that it looked exactly like indiglo.
                    93 Festiva GL

Comment

Working...
                    X