Round Headlight Conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round Headlight Conversion?

Purely for aesthetic reasons, I would like to do a round headlight conversion to my silver 1990 LX. The 7" round halogen headlights themselves are pretty cheap on amazon, but it's mounting them that's going to be more trouble I think. Is there a way to somehow just bolt them into the stock Festiva housing? If not, what's the cheapest possible housing I could buy online that I could bolt/weld to the stock one?

The other thing would be the grille. I was thinking of ordering a universal grille mesh from ebay and cutting it to size, but are there any grilles that would fit close enough with some modification like an old VW Gold/Rabbit for example? They're the kind of car I'm trying to sort of emulate the look of.

Finally, post any pictures you have of Festivas that already have the conversion done, bonus points if it's your own.

I used mk2 golf headlights and mounts. A little modification is required.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Comment

I want to do something similar so I can make the mazda protege grill fit my festiva. What wheels and tire size are those slonomo?
      92 Festiva L - bp & hydro g, advanced coilovers, aspire brake swapped

Comment

Check this build thread https://fordfestiva.com/forums/showt...1-Build/page11

Very hard to find one of those grills though! A Ford Laser TX3 grill looks like it would be a fairly close fit - in the US, did any of your Mercury Tracers come with four round headlights?

Also, some Ford (Australia) Falcons have these -

Last edited by reddragon; 05-19-2017, 04:35 PM.

Comment

someone made this conversion a long time back and had it in the FS forum. i was hot for the round look then and bought it but never installed. still need lens which i may have to make trying my luck at vacuum forming. i can't find the old post but i think the seller just tacked some VW buckets onto the festiva mounting plate. the headlamps can still be adjusted.

Comment

Originally posted by reddragon View Post
            Check this build thread https://fordfestiva.com/forums/showt...1-Build/page11

Very hard to find one of those grills though!
            Very Hard indeed!

I don't think any of our Tracers had anything similar to the sweet TX3 grille either, I did a ton of research when looking for replacement glass for the quad round 121 grille.

I have a bunch of pictures saved on my PC of different round light & grille conversions, I will post them up when I get home.
            Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
            Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
            Feel free to PM me anytime!
            Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
            Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
              someone made this conversion a long time back and had it in the FS forum. i was hot for the round look then and bought it but never installed. still need lens which i may have to make trying my luck at vacuum forming. i can't find the old post but i think the seller just tacked some VW buckets onto the festiva mounting plate. the headlamps can still be adjusted.

I'd say you could simply install a pair of H6024 sealed beams and call it done. But that's me. I like glass headlight assemblies.

Comment

Here are a variety of conversions. If you have any questions about a specific one, I can probably find more info about it.

Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
                Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
                Feel free to PM me anytime!
                Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
                Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

The black one with the cowl on the side of the hood, are those custom headlight?

Comment

Originally posted by Slonomo View Post
                    I used mk2 golf headlights and mounts. A little modification is required.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                    I love, it still have 1/2 a grill and 1 headlight out of my mk2 gti. Effn dear hit I miss that car. That GTI grill looks so sweet on your car!!! Please give me some of the ins and outs of how you did this like I said I still have 1/2 a grill a bent radiator/headlight support and 1 side headlights to use for mockup but if you wouldn't mind pointing out what you already ran into with this swap. I would sure appreciate it thanks
                    Last edited by ricko1966; 02-26-2019, 09:11 PM.
                    30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Originally posted by pantheon7113 View Post
                      The black one with the cowl on the side of the hood, are those custom headlight?
                      Looks similar to the Ford Falcon (Australia) ones, but not quite the same.
                      I am curious too....
                      No car too fast !

Comment

Working...
                      X