another lift question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another lift question?

ok... so you seem to know alot about suspension geometry and stuff ....
    lemme ask you this... theres a guy with chevy one ton springs in his festy...says it lifts it 5 inches....wouldnt that pidgeon toe your front wheels? if so...if you built drop brackets to lower the rest of the suspension how much lower do you think it would have to go to make the wheel right? say i wanted it up 10 inches... would i have to drop all the control arm mounts, sway bar mounts and rear axle mounts 10 inches AND add taller springs? or we talking 5 inches of spring and 5 inches of mount dropping? what would be the ratio of spring lift to suspension lift? all of this goes on droppping the motor a good 6 to seven inches to keep the axles right, as well as fabbing some tie rods ...any suggesions? any answers? im not too keen in suspension geometry and and would like to ride 22's or bigger with out eating tires ... as for brakes.. im thinkin egt disc swap... pwered by b6t.....???????????????????

have car ... need welder.... story of my life

Why???
    Have had 6 Festys... and counting...

My Website:
    http://www.StanfordMotorSports.com

Car Domain:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Quaddawg
    My Garage Page:
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/vb...o=view&id=6724

Comment

^+1
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

^+2
        Must be a FL thing, and I don't want to understand!
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

^+3

Isn't that the wrong question to ask a Festiva owner. We all like these cars for one reason or another. Asking him why would be like asking another member why he put a BP in his car. That is just what he likes. He is going to do it with or without our help so why not try to help. This is ff.com not ffnotlifted.com

This is not a argumentive post just a $.02 post. 8) 8) I am not trying to ruffle any feathers here. Please don't take it that way. It's just that he asked a simple question and got only soft criticism in reply.

I can't answer because it is not my area of experience. Curious to see pics though :shock:
          -Bryant

Comment

+4
            91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
            00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
            88 gtx
            74 torino- enduro car.

Comment

Originally posted by Gomez
              ^+3
              Isn't that the wrong question to ask a Festiva owner. We all like these cars for one reason or another. Asking him why would be like asking another member why he put a BP in his car. That is just what he likes. He is going to do it with or without our help so why not try to help. This is ff.com not ffnotlifted.com
              I understand what your getting at, and your probably right!
              Actually, I know your right!
              But I understand why a BP, I don't understand this obsession with lifting a vehical to make it less stable and put big as...., uh tires on it!
              But I liken it to a person jumping off a high rise!
              He's going to do it with or without my intervention but I don't want to have anything to do with it! :dontknow:
              '92 Aqua parts Car
              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

With the high rise thing though Like I said in my earlier post you would still want to see a pic right. ops: I know that was kind of twisted and gross but I know I am not the only person thinking it. :twisted: Well anyway, I agree with you as well.

Remember the early 80's... lifted rear ends with stock front ends, a'la Hot Rod. This is just Hillbilly Hot Rod. Both ends lifted.

Seriously kewldjboy420 this is not poking fun at you. It is just something that most Festiva guys don't normally see or hear of. My car is kind of that same way. I am building it show quality 3-4 year $10k budgetiva where most guys here build them for fun and function. Of course there has been quite a few different types I have seen here as well from slammed, airbagged bordertivas with multi thousand dollar paint jobs and wire wheels to gutted dragtivas to pimped rustivas to plain old nice low mile Festivas. I guess we can add billytiva to the mix.
                -Bryant

Comment

I think the ball joints would be able to make up for some of the suspension lift, but theyll go out sooner, and youll have a hell of a time aligning it. these cars have such a short wheel base, i hope your planning for a roll cage too, you'll probably get to a point were youll need longer suspension components, and the tires will probably stick out more. drop spindles or brackets would add to the height of the spring lift. and youll need longer shocks for sure....
                  1990 Festiva L

Comment

well guys here it is... everybody and thier brother drops em, makes em fast and whatnot....i want to do something diff. thats what these cars are is different... isnt that why u all hop them up? and the fact is that ive had thirteen to date and i dont want another lowered festiva... as someone said before... im gonna do it with or without some help from you guys...i just figured i would ask the experts.. but you guys seem a little jaded.. you see for me theirs been all kinds off dd's , afew with no or little to no springs and all of em had some kind of beeting assd system... heres the thing i geuss, ppl criticize us for what we do to these cars and we dont like it.. now you criticize one of your own for wanting to do something differant... kinda ironic huh?

Comment

and why did my status change from newbie to lurker?....ive been on here over a yr ... whats up with that?

Comment

^^you are a newbie or lurker because of post count....not how long you have been on the site. You hit 50 which threw you into lurker status.
                        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                        89L Silver EFI auto
                        91GL Green Auto DD
                        There ain't no rest for the wicked
                        until we close our eyes for good.
                        I will sleep when I die!
                        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Please don't be offended by any posts here. It just takes a little getting used to something different. Didn't you notice after a couple of my posts and anothers' that some people starting helping. That is what this forum is for. It just takes a little time sometimes.
                          -Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by Gomez
                            With the high rise thing though Like I said in my earlier post you would still want to see a pic right. ops: I know that was kind of twisted and gross but I know I am not the only person thinking it. :twisted: Well anyway, I agree with you as well.
                            Yeah, you got me there!
                            Even if I don't understand I'd still like to to see it!
                            If only for the engineering that went into it!
                            '92 Aqua parts Car
                            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Well, that answers my "why"

But, and no offense. I lower and swap so it will be faster, and handle better. Not to be different. I just wondered why, and you answered it.

I never did understand several things about certain car fads. I don't understand non-functional modifications. Lifting a "car" hurts performance, and handling, and I just never saw why anyone would want their vehicle to be "worse" at anything.

Now, I guess fixing the body and painting could be considered "non functional improvements" so I guess I am being a little contradictory, but fixing up the looks a bit doesn't HURT performance...

I am performance oriented in everything I do. I can't stand "looking" or "hanging around" I am not too social, and don't care for hanging out, shooting the crap.. I race, I ATV, I offroad, so I apologize if I ruffled your feathers. To each his own, I was just trying to get an understanding of the mind set behind these new trends that really have no purpose in performance or daily use, that's all.

Good luck, if you are trying to "donk" a Festy, I guess that is what you like. More power to you, make it nice, and do it right (if there IS a "right" way to ruin the handling of a car)
                              Have had 6 Festys... and counting...

My Website:
                              http://www.StanfordMotorSports.com

Car Domain:
                              http://www.cardomain.com/id/Quaddawg
                              My Garage Page:
                              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/vb...o=view&id=6724

Comment

Working...
                              X