Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wheel stud extension with wheel spacers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel stud extension with wheel spacers?

let me tell you a little about what im trying todo, i bought some stock alloys off of hyundai accent that measure 14x5 with a 4 bolt by 4.5 pattern. the problem is that the rear tires will rub and i need to use wheel spacers. in doing so i am sure i need to extend my threaded studs for the 1/4 inch wheel spacers i will be using.
    question being, what have others done when using spacers to change the offset of the wheel. or what bolt have you used to extend to the hub? thanks for any info..much appreciated.
    1989 Miitsubishi Mirage turbo RS, 4G61T, smic, 3"S.S. 13g, EBC,
    89 LX carb Festy, 5spd, 106xxxkms, 2nd owner.

........Let boost be with you
    and bring some timing too........

i believe both have been done...but i don't think hyundai accents ever came in the 4x114.3 bolt pattern.... i have spacers with new studs in them i got online that give me the clearance that i need.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Most Autoparts stores will sell longer lug bolts... Take in yours and they should be able to match it.

What I did? I converted to lug studs and I'm running regular lug nuts instead. I got 16 lug studs for under $20... They screw in with an allen wrench and some lock-tite... It's a great conversion and makes mounting wheels 10x easier.
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

im thinking of taking the wheels back to the yard i got them from and exchanging them for somthing with a more direct fit. im thinking early hyundai excel or 86-89 323 wheels.
        the wheels that i got were off of a 2000 or newer model, accent gsi with the alloy swirley 14' wheels, they do fit and have the same bolt pattern, just the offset is not right. i could make them fit if i used spacers.
        what i really want is the 4x100 conversion, but none of the yards have any asfires, and if they did they would want 350$$ or more for the conversion, all i want is wider rims with bigger tires in easier sizes to find. my thinking was to upgrade the wheel to 13' or 14'
        im going to the yard today, ill let you know what i came up with

Comment

I hear you on the no aspires down in these parts.

-Scott
          Aqua 93 L
          Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
          White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

The older (pre-2000) Accent GTs came with 14" alloys in the Festiva bolt pattern too.

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

i own a hyundai accent 2001 gl.it's a 4x100 pattern...so is the older x3 2/4 door model.....
              The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
              BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

wierd.. i was told they were off a newer model accent. i ended going back and returning the wheels, they didnt have anything else that would fit properly, lots in that bolt pattern, but none that have the proper offset.
                what i want is a 13x5 or 5.5 stock steelie or alloy that will bolt on with no modifications to a stock festy, haha...sounds so easy..but i think i have narrowed it down to a 88 or 89 323 SE alloy, or an early hyundai excel alloy, dont know what years though.

one question i have is this...does the hyundai excel alloy with the honeycomb center, (i believe that the festiva motorsport project car had these), is this the only hyundai that came with stock wheels that fit properly on a festiva? and what year excel had these?

im going to order the studs from my local autoparts store, should make mounting wheels much easier.

Comment

Try finding a set of steel wheels off of a canadien model dodge colt 91 or 92 same style as festiva but comes in 13inch and 14inch same 4x114 festy bolt pattern.
                  Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
                  99 Dodge Caravan SE
                  95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
                  94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
                  78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
                  78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
                  03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
                  95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
                  95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
                  95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

is the dodge colt a 100 or 200 model, they made both in those years, the 100 being the older boxy style, and have you tried these wheels mounted with tires on a festy? im worried about the offset.

Comment

I was looking for anything dealing w/locking lwheel bolts and read on hear that SimonTuffGuy converted over to lug studs. I called up an Advance Auto and they gave me a big hulabuhloo about knurled this spacing that so I figured I'd ask this thread just where you got the parts and just how you did it. I recently got some american racing rims w/tires off of E-bay and would now like to protect them from theft.

Comment

I got my stud kit from Advanced Auto Parts store.
                        Studs and chrome nuts with locks around $35.00.
                        Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
                        99 Dodge Caravan SE
                        95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
                        94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
                        78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
                        78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
                        03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
                        95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
                        95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
                        95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment