No announcement yet.

question about 15's wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I run 14X6 wheels with a 38mm offset, 195/45/14 tires and my car is lowered. I have no issues with any rubbing at all.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay
      I run 14X6 wheels with a 38mm offset, 195/45/14 tires and my car is lowered. I have no issues with any rubbing at all.

nice! i am leaning towards 14's also... thanks for the help...

Comment

If anything I think my 15's look too big on my car even with the 45's on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gforcefd
          If anything I think my 15's look too big on my car even with the 45's on it.
          I have the same thoughts here...

Comment

Well, i bought me a use sets of 14's today. They are Sprint Hart CP.. Now, I need to do the Aspire conversion..

Comment

Those wheels look cool !!! I like the colour !!!

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Those wheels look awesome. Good find
                Oscar

Comment

i am still debating if i go with the 195/45r14's or the 185/55r14's....

Comment

the 185's will be taller and you'll have to roll your fender lip
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

yup, 185/55/14 are an inch taller (21.9") than the 195/45/14 (20.9")

not sure if there will be a rubbing issue, haven't tried the 185's
                      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

well i can tell you from experiance, the 185/60/14s WILL rub the spring perch in the rear during cornering (6" rim w/ 35mm offset) unless you use the aspire rear struts.

if you have 14x6 rims w/ 38mm offset and 185/60/14 tires, then the tires will rub all the time using festy struts. no rubbing with the aspire struts.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy
                          well i can tell you from experiance, the 185/60/14s WILL rub the spring perch in the rear during cornering (6" rim w/ 35mm offset) unless you use the aspire rear struts.

if you have 14x6 rims w/ 38mm offset and 185/60/14 tires, then the tires will rub all the time using festy struts. no rubbing with the aspire struts.
                          ok... can i use the FMS festiva springs to the Aspire Strut?

Comment

ok so i did some hunting around for rims that i think are cool mabey some of you will as well....all of these rims require that you have the aspire swap done due to the bolt pattern and some will require the use of spacers...but there a lot of options the link is.........so if you dont mind doing some work looks like you can put some killer shoes on your ride...

Comment

Just so you know... this is 15s with 195/45/15 rubber and the FMS springs... And I rub the rear fenders and my front fenders are rolled...

90 festiva BP/G25MR swap, spec v seats, aspire brakes, FMS springs, round headlight conversion with HID's, custom exhaust, fiberglass hood, and a whole lotta bodywork
                              BEFORE AFTER

Comment

Originally posted by rolla4me
                                Originally posted by FestYboy

ok... can i use the FMS festiva springs to the Aspire Strut?
                                YES, and if you go that route, i suggest you also find rims with 38-40mm offset so the tire will tuck under the rear fender during suspention jounce without anving to roll the lip excessivly.

Comment

Working...
                                X