Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

front hub choices or does someone have a cheap dual drilled 13 for sale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front hub choices or does someone have a cheap dual drilled 13 for sale?

Okay I bought a festy last summer,rio front,aspire rear swapped. The decreased turning radius on the rio spindles is more than I want,so going back to festy front. Festy front, aspire rear is going to leave me with mismatched bolt patterns. What hubs will work in festy knuckles so I can have matching bolt patterns or does someone have a dual drilled 13 I can use for my spare tire?Willing to do some swapping for the RIO parts. Thanks
    30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

i've never heard of the rio spindes causing a decreased turning radius... Anyone else?
    Previous owner of 8 festivas... looking for number 9

Adam

Comment

Hey ricko I hear a lot of guys get the rear drums re-drilled for the 113mm Festiva pattern or what about changing over to Aspire knuckles. I have a dual pattern spare but I don't want to part with it.
      Good luck brother!
      Rick
      '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
      '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
      '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

The stock 89 car will make a u turn in a two lane road the Rio equipped car requires a 3 point turn on the same road.I make this turn almost everyday to get my mail so I'm pretty used to it.If there's enough meat in aspire drums I'll just drill them festiva pattern. Thanks.
        30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

At the risk of sounding stupid... And I already know I will sound stupid... Why does the Rio spindle make that much difference? Is there any way around this?

Comment

Are you sure the rack is still centered? Or perhaps it wasn't centered before? The aspire/rio knuckles do have a slightly longer arm, but it's not enough to make a significant difference in turning radius.

This is a 3D scan of a Festiva knuckle (dark green) overlayed by an aspire knuckle (transparent):

~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
            91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
            1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
            2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

A longer arm or a stop in a different position would cause a decrease in turning radius.A car with a longer wheelbase would not have the same geometry as a car with a longer base for stability and Ackerman reasons.I have not compared the wheel base of the two cars. Rio vs. Festy,nor did I think to compare turning radius clockwise vs.counterclockwise which would tell me if the rack was not centered.I was going to measure turning angles on both cars and post the results I'll be sure to check left. turn and right turn.ts not a huge difference just enough that the car will not make a complete u turn in the road and the curb is a straight up and down curb so I have to do a 3 point to keep from tearing up a wheel or tire.

Comment

Working...
              X