Springs,spindles, tie rods control arms, Rio,aspire, festiva.Im confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springs,spindles, tie rods control arms, Rio,aspire, festiva.Im confused

Okay my green car is Rio front swapped with cut aspire springs.prior owner built or I'd know what was done.Well a spring just broke I have tomorrow only to fix the car.The junkyard is 4hrs round trip the parts store is 1.5 hrs round trip So I have to get everything right the 1st time.I have a stock festiva parts car.If I put stock festy springs and struts on. What surprises will I run into.If I go to the salvage yard and grab full aspire frts what surprises am I on for. If I just go back to all festy what surprises am in for.Spindle heights all close enough? Inner tie rods all the same? Ball joint diameters all the same? Will festiva, aspire, and Rio spindles all work with the same control arms?Last but not least will a 12 inch trailer wheel bolt onto festy spindles. I ask in case I get a flat and have 2 bolt patterns I can keep my aspire spare tire in the car and buy a boat wheel if I need a different spare.1 more 1 last thing, can 1 put aspire hubs on festy knuckles?
    Last edited by ricko1966; 12-01-2019, 05:22 PM.
    30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Here's a simple plan. Can I put festy springs on Rio struts?
    30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Working...
    X