No announcement yet.

Picture Proof EGT/Protege LX/Protege 4x4 Front Calipers Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is awesome. What's the fastest 60-0 time in a Festiva? I'm thinking with those protege or gt brakes and a good set of tires my glasses might fly off my face when I stomp on the pedal. :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing

As you can see they are much larger, and bolt right up, so why not do it?
      From the pictures it doesn't appear that the Protege calipers are spaced any further out from the stock rotor than the stock calipers. If this is the case then the .5 inch larger radius Protege rotor will hit the caliper.

Would you mind testing the fitment with the larger rotor before too many people start shopping for these parts?

Comment

I really can't do it till the weekend possibly because I am back at college now. I doesn't look like it in the pictures, but the space is there. I'll give it a go on saturday and post pics of it.
        89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
        94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
        2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
        1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Re: Picture Proof EGT/Protege LX/Protege 4x4 Front Calipers

These pics show it better, there is space, its not so much that it sits further away so much that it is a deeper caliper.
          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...

Facebook Me!

Comment

Isn't there a point where too strong a brakes would get dangerous?
            Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
            1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
            2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
            2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

The real question I'm asking myself is what master cylinder would be best for this, and would the braking proportion be any good?
              The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisofna
                I don't know. My Mustang has 13" brakes all the way around, doesn't seem like too much brake to me.

But my Festiva still has the stock brakes, literally, it still has the same rotors and drum that came on the car new.
                ~Jeff
                1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
                1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
                2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

Originally posted by chrisofna
                  I'm thinking that as long as the proportioning is right, the pedal feel isn't to sloppy or touchy, and the tires can handle it...then the stronger the better. A lot of people say that the stock brakes are sufficient and that an Aspire upgrade is more than good enough, but I say if it all fits and works then I will use the strongest, most over kill brakes I can afford.

Comment

heck, who needs brakes? :lol:

WARNING: that was a joke. please do not hold me responsible if you take your brakes off and kill yourself and destroy your car.

sorry, "everything's dangerous if your stupid."
                    89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                    92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                    New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

i for 1 intend on trying out the protege brakes with aspire rear brakes and festiva master cylinder

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

dose anyone know if this works yet? im going to the jy tomorow, and planing on picking some of these parts up. if no one knows then i can take a quick look at them and see if it fits. it would be helpful if someone alredy knew, then i dont have to mess around and see if it fits before i buy it.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by geezerstiva
                          You know what, he's right! I am gonna take my brakes off! Who needs the dang things!
                          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

It works, make sure you grab the caliper bolts, the sizes may be different length wise.

Facebook Me!

Comment

after im done my cheerios, im going to pick them up

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz1
                                Originally posted by geezerstiva
                                You know what, he's right! I am gonna take my brakes off! Who needs the dang things!
                                *shakes head*
                                hope he got the warning too... :lol:
                                89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                                http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                                92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                                New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

Working...
                                X