FMS springs question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS springs question

Just out of curiosity...do you need spring compressors do install the FMS springs and KYB's? Like a spring compressor to get the old ones off and the new ones on?

^ Yes

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Originally posted by Unicornasaurus
      Just out of curiosity...do you need spring compressors do install the FMS springs and KYB's? Like a spring compressor to get the old ones off and the new ones on?
      Just on the front.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

ahhhhhhhh..................... only to remove the old springs.
        the new ones will go on quite easy without compression.

Comment

yes. no.
          do you NEED spring compressors, no. I removed my (front and rear) stock springs w/o compressors, because it was easter day, autozone was closed, and i wanted to get the job done. but it is NOT recommended. Since i was putting coil overs on i didn't need a compressor to re-assemble, so through some careful working with the jacks i was able to remove the front struts+springs without having any type of compressor. So it can be done, its just not recommended! proceed at your own risk.
          ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
          91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
          1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
          2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Originally posted by skeeters_keeper
            yes. no.
            do you NEED spring compressors, no. I removed my (front and rear) stock springs w/o compressors, because it was easter day, autozone was closed, and i wanted to get the job done. but it is NOT recommended. Since i was putting coil overs on i didn't need a compressor to re-assemble, so through some careful working with the jacks i was able to remove the front struts+springs without having any type of compressor. So it can be done, its just not recommended! proceed at your own risk.

After the accident Skeeters randomly gave people the thumbs up symbol with a huge smile....

Comment

Spring compressors are a free loaner tool at autozone. Almost no risk when using them. I say use 'em
              Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
              Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
              "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Working...
              X