FWD to 4wd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pocket_Rocket View Post
    The Justy is 4WD and not AWD by the way. What you guys want is full time AWD for better handling. The Justy is FWD until you push the button on the shifter to engage the rear wheels, which is to be used in slippery conditions only, unless you want to damage the transaxle. The only way I can see this as useful is if you want to keep your Festy 2WD but have the ability to turn it 4WD for trail use or to pull you out of that snow storm. Either way, I think it ain't worth is as the Festy is pretty much hard to beat in mud and snow for a FWD...
    So what tranny uses full time AWD? What about an AWD tercel or something like that? Anythings possible. just takes some... doing.
    Of course the red makes it go faster..

Comment

I think you should do the duel motor swap independent trannies LSD "phantom grip the front and rear.....BAM AWD.......cornering would blow though.
      ---------------------------------------------------
      The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
      ---------------------------------------------------
      BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

One of the little Suzuki Samurai 88 model 4WD with there stock body taken off.

That could almost look like the Festiva came that way to folks that don't know any better.

I am maybe going do that conversion.

Dean
        The wife and I are attending this meet. Come convoy with us.Come to the 1st annual "Sunshine Meet" March 20th 2010. Details in the thread below.
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...292#post295292

www.festivameets.com

Festiva Convoy video link [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyFYJcFBc_g[/urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANbkG...eature=related

3rd Annual Festiva Madness. The largest Festiva Meet ever held of owners and their cars 2009 Festiva Madness link with pictures. 51 Festivas & 4 Aspires from eight states attended.

FM3 short 5 minute clip
        Link to a short 5 minute clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFyy-zxgV5A

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24695
        link to 100s of meets pictures and short video clips.http://s1019.photobucket.com/albums/af316/festivameets/
        4th Annual Festiva Madness meet will be held Oct 2, 2010 in Raleigh, NC
        Cell is 919-271-5190 deanraleighnc@cs.com

Comment

Comment

Thats Just Silly!!!

Comment

On another note I was thinking about using a subaru legacy drivetrain, and making the car a widebody AWD would work ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by ch33z3x View Post
                So what tranny uses full time AWD? What about an AWD tercel or something like that? Anythings possible. just takes some... doing.
                The 4wd Tercel wagons had part time 4wd like the Justy except it also had a "low" setting for 4wd mode. Plus, it had a longitudinal gearbox. I think your best bet would be an AWD transaxle (transverse mounted gearbox), so that leaves the 323 GTX, Eagle Talon and Celica AllTrac. The Corolla SR5 wagon had a 4wd transaxle but I'm pretty sure it's also part-time. And the Talon has the engine sitting on the opposite side of the engine bay, compared to typical transverse mounted engines, so it could come in the way of the steering hardware. I think the best solution would be a 323 GTX drivetrain, but it ain't bolt in, and from what I hear the transfer case comes in the way of the steering rack, so you'd either have to move the engine/tranny assembly up, or move the steering rack down if I remember correctly. But it ain't impossible; EVOGUN made an AWD Festy with a SR20DET, but I don't know what drivetrain he used...
                The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

the Familia GTX are very similar with festiva (size) i was looking a GTX last year becouse in the future i want to do the 4wd modification, basically you need to swap all the floor of the GTX to the festiva haahahah, itīs posible to do but it need a lot of skills, time and the more important thing... money

need a new fuel tank, exhaust, cut the floor, lot of welding, new engine mounts, modify the suspension...with a gtx donor car will be "easy"....maybe

bye!

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket_Rocket View Post
                    EVOGUN made an AWD Festy with a SR20DET, but I don't know what drivetrain he used...

I think he used a Pulsar GtiR drivetrain!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by EVOGUN View Post
                      I think he used a Pulsar GtiR drivetrain!

Thanks
                      So pretty much, can we say you dropped a Festy unibody on a Pulsar drivetrain? Did you leave any trace of the Festiva's suspension or did you just make eveything fit from the Pulsar? Just curious...'Cause in my fantasy, I'd try to make an AWD Festy using as much Mazda parts as possible, with the least amount of modding necessary...Don't get me wrong; an AWD Festy is uber-cool, but having to modify every square inch to make it AWD kind of makes it lose it's appeal in my opinion...I like custom cars that look like "cars that might have been" from the factory, but chopping the body off of a 323 GTX or GTR platform to fit a Festy body onto it (exaggerated example) doesn't make any sense to me; when you're up to that point, you might as well drive a complete GTX/GTR...But I must say that after seeing your EVOGUN video, I like it a lot... A completely stock-looking Festiva doing AWD drifts in the wet and clawing for traction is a truly amazing sight!!!!!!!!!!
                      The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X