Rolling on 13s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolling on 13s

Went to a pick and pull today and found two full sets of 13 inch rims that have the same center bore and bolt pattern of the festiva. $5 each. Once set had trim rings and center caps. The guy at check out said the trim rings and center caps made them rally wheels which were $20 each. I took the trim rings and center caps off and handed them to him. Then the guy grabbed the rings and center caps and threw them in the dumpster and charged me $5 each. He wouldnt give them to me with the wheels so he just trashed them. Oh well. Anyway I stuck them on Jesse and went for a spin. No rubbing issues at all. The 13s are quite a bit taller than the 12s , see picture. Its a noticeable difference driving. Its like 4 X 4 festiva. Im happy, now I can buy 13 inch tires, half the price of 12s now. One set only had three rims. I found a key on the ground and try it on the trunk of the car I was getting the rims from. The key opened the trunk and inside was the fourth rim. Lucky me ! My brother has a sand blaster, Im going to knock off the rust and put a good paint job on them. I probably go see if I can find some more for the other cars. I know a tire dealer who is wanting to sell his whole inventory of 13s at his cost.

Last edited by freshtiva; 04-30-2008, 06:56 PM.
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

what kind of car did the rims come off of?
    1960 willys pickup
    1967 jeep cj5

1988 festiva
    1989 festiva
    1990 festiva for parts
    1991 s-10

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Toyota
      sigpic

Comment

thanks, i am going to get some 13's for my 89. i have 13 inch konig reigns, may have spelled wrong, on my 88 and like the 13's. the tire size i have is 155-80-13 douglas brand,with no rubbing and speedo shows only 1 mph off on the fast side.
        1960 willys pickup
        1967 jeep cj5

1988 festiva
        1989 festiva
        1990 festiva for parts
        1991 s-10

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

One car was a 1982 toyota tercel four door. The other was an 81 toyota corolla two door. I also found a plymouth colt with the same wheels but I couldnt fit them all in Redford. I sure had fun at the PNP. Im surprised the old toyotas hadnt been crushed, the tercel was complete and the tires not to bad. I bet it would have run again given some love. I would like to have that car before it gets stripped. So much waste.
          Last edited by freshtiva; 04-30-2008, 10:26 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

glad you posted again. i was going to ask you what model of toyota and year,but you answered my next question already.
            thanks.
            1960 willys pickup
            1967 jeep cj5

1988 festiva
            1989 festiva
            1990 festiva for parts
            1991 s-10

Comment

Got all the rims seperated from the old tires. They are off to the sand blaster tomorrow. Then for a nice paint job. Called about 13 inch tires today and can get them for $26. They are wanting $48 for 12s if you can get them. Plus with 13s I get a choice. I can get 145, 155,175, etc. I can get some tiger paws for $34. The cost of the wheels and paint should be offset with the first set of four tires. Ill be doubling my $ on the second set.

sigpic

Comment

here is a reference i found that list wheel sizes for cars. i had thought of putting 13's on mine as well. thought i had another reference as well, but couldnt find it.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

yep, even a couple with the same center bore. The cars mine came off of arent even listed. The trick is to find some before they, or the 12s become history, or out of your price range.

Here is my hi-tech method:

Last edited by freshtiva; 05-01-2008, 09:14 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

From the photos, you've already discovered that the Festiva jack needs a block of wood under it to lift the car off the ground to change out the 13's! Some of us (ahem) found that out the hard way. So when you upgrade your rims, throw a block of wood in the car so you'll be able to change the tire.

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
                    In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

Ive jacked up so many festivas that I have an attachment for my impact wrench that hooks on to the business end of a festiva jack . Its like a pit stop. Ive got one well greased dedicated jack for all the cars and never remove a jack from the hatch. I will take a block with me on the road though, thanks for the reminder !!
                      sigpic

Comment

man thats awesome.. i'm riding on a donut.. (as seen in avatar)can't seem to find any tires.. well i found one but a car was sitting on it at the local yard.. but i'm going to have to go to the yard and find me some 13s thanks for the info i was looking all over for something that would bolt right up..

Ford Festiva L
                        Automatic

Comment

Bought one 13 inch tire today off ebay. The price was right. .99 cents. It will make a good spare at least. $15 shipped, still not to bad.

sigpic

Comment

nice i bet shipping was a alot tho right.. or was it a pick up.. i could see someone charging 50bucks for shipping a tire.. i have seen some pretty outrages shipping prices..

Ford Festiva L
                            Automatic

Comment

Originally posted by gothguydante View Post
                              nice i bet shipping was a alot tho right.. or was it a pick up.. i could see someone charging 50bucks for shipping a tire.. i have seen some pretty outrages shipping prices..
                              Read his post again, shipped it was $15
                              Brian
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                              :fish:

Comment

Working...
                              X