aspire swaps kick but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aspire swaps kick but

i just got in from finishing the front half of the aspire swap, took it for a drive (with open headers at 9:00 at night, my neighbours hate me lol) and OMFG what a difference, with the aspire shocks and sway bar it stays so level through the turns its amazing!!! i love it. also i got the egt calipers and rotors, but that is still not good enough, i got drilled and slotted rotors with high performance pads. when i hit the brakes it feels like i hit a wall. i love it.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

did the sway bar fit right up to your control arms? and how hard was it to change sway bars i notices they are different the aspire curves up in the middle? i am thinking about doing that to my car and i just replaced my control arm and well i don't want to have to get a different control arm for the sway bar...

Ford Festiva L
    Automatic

Comment

it fits right in.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

awesome i love you i wish i would of know that cause i spent about five hours working on my car today and well i would of went to the yard and picked me up one... i was sad when i ran out of things to do... so what about the notch in it... can you send me a pic of it to help me out?

Ford Festiva L
        Automatic

Comment

put a jack under the cross member, loosen the bolts, lower down the cross member and slide in the bar, jack it back up and tighting the bolts, put the ends of the bar in the the lcas, put the mounts up to the frame and tighten those. your done.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

so the cross members are in the same spot i take it... so were the shocks strait from a junk yard or did you but them new? i plan on going and buying from the local yard every thing i need for the swap as soon as i get my free government money.. yay... free money..

Ford Festiva L
            Automatic

Comment

so, you took struts from an aspire? I was told that would mess up the front end somehow?
              1988 p.o.s. (228,000 and still going)

Comment

aspire struts are the same....spring is a little taller...so raises your ride height but an inch or so
                "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                89L Silver EFI auto
                91GL Green Auto DD
                There ain't no rest for the wicked
                until we close our eyes for good.
                I will sleep when I die!
                I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Perfect thanks Genevadirt.
                  1988 p.o.s. (228,000 and still going)

Comment

i got everything from the jy other than the rotors and pads. anyone who has the chance to do the aspire swap, DO IT, it is totaly worth it.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

how much did it cost you..

Ford Festiva L
                      Automatic

Comment

for the fronts so far i have spent about 120 at the jy and 70 on the rotors and pads. but i forgot that you dont use the aspire lca,s so in getting my money back for those. im also exchanging the egt calipers for the regular aspire ones, they dont fit quite right, ill get some pics later. also with the aspire ones i can use 13" rims, and then i can use up the 6 slicks i have in my shop

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

lca? is your fest a stick? and if so did you get it that way?

Ford Festiva L
                          Automatic

Comment

its a 5spd, i bought it that way. lca stand for (Lower Aontrol Arms). if you are doing that aspire swap on a auto you have to find all the parts off of a auto car. but i cant remember for shure. anyone know for shure?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

well i hope thats the way it is i just replace one of my lca see my thread about slid into a curb.. man that lca was fuged up..

Ford Festiva L
                              Automatic

Comment

Working...
                              X