No announcement yet.

aspire swaps kick but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you need the festiva lca, the aspire one is about 1/4 inch to long and puts everything out of wack.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

good... i think i might do the 5 spd transmission swap first.. I'm waiting to hear if an aspire tranny will work

Ford Festiva L
      Automatic

Comment

Yes Aspire trans will work.have one in my car,be aware that you will lose a little gas mileage.
        Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
        99 Dodge Caravan SE
        95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
        94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
        78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
        78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
        03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
        95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
        95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
        95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

It doesn't matter if you use 5 speed or auto Aspire swap. They both work with stick and auto Festiva's. You only have to make sure on the Aspire swap that you don't mix and match the Aspire parts.
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

the auto rotors are thicker(info is on this site) and the calipers are different to make room. if you use the aspire rear struts you can run a 195/50/15. they rub a little on full turns(parking) but then you can cut the aspire spring down to the same height as the festy and it will have a higher spring rate. i did this on my car and it works really well. the new struts and cut down springs are really tight. i haven't put the aspire sway bar on the front but im sure it will be even better. the rear could use more anti-sway. i think i read about welding in a bigger bar into the aspire rear beam. i dont know if any one has yet though
            Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
            88? Parts car-sold
            91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
            86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
            1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

why is it that you will lose mpg when you swap out from an auto festiva tranny to a manual aspire tranny. i thoguht manual got better more mpg

Ford Festiva L
              Automatic

Comment

the aspire trany has lower gears compared to the festiva cause it is a heavier car, so when you go down the road it revs abit higher and uses more gas.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Aspire transaxles have a lower final drive ratio than the Festiva does. However, swapping from a Festiva ATX to an Aspire MTX will still increase your gas mileage, not decrease it.

Karl
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

so what if i get a festiva mtx would that be better..?

Ford Festiva L
                    Automatic

Comment

^^ yes, but not alot

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

One time I was talking with Roger on the phone and he mentioned that Aspire MTXs were not as well built and didn't last as long as the Festiva units. Different manufacturers, in different countries IIRC. Another thing you may want to think about.

The ATXs were not involved in this change.

Karl

Comment

all i know is i want a aspire brake swap cause all i hear about them is awesomeness but i'm not sure if i should take the suspension. i know i'm going to switch the sway bar...and i want a manual tranny.. cause well i hate automatic i feel like i have more control with a manual... and thanks to sasquatch i know 100% i'm doing the break swap.. i might buy a geo metro for 400 dollars to drive wile my car is getting the work done.. it's only going to cost 400 for a manual geo it is pretty beaten up but it runs great... oh yeah i might have a blown head gasket.. so thats why i'm getting the geo.. also it might make a me upgrade to the b6 maybe b6t yay!

Ford Festiva L
                          Automatic

Comment

If you can get that Metro for $400 with no major mechanical problems, DO IT!

Just check it over well and ask our Xfi for more advice, if needed.

I highly recommend the Aspire brake and suspension swap. Also, the B6 swap is relatively easy. It was my first (and so far only) engine swap. I've done two suspension swaps.

Karl

Comment

Originally posted by gothguydante View Post
                              why is it that you will lose mpg when you swap out from an auto festiva tranny to a manual aspire tranny. i thoguht manual got better more mpg
                              I ran the numbers one time (Aspire vs Festiva) and it figures out that the engine has to run 500 rpms faster with the Aspire transmission to equal the same ground speed as the Festiva.
                              You gonna race that thing?
                              http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

oh well in that case not atx to mtx swap... can't find a festiva tranny under 1k and i could of got that aspire tranny for 80 bucks.. after taxes

Ford Festiva L
                                Automatic

Comment

Working...
                                X