dumb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dumb question

ok i ordered some rims but i dont know what size tire will fit on the rims. the rims are 14 x 6 so does it matter what width i use? i mean granted that it dont rub? im confused i tried searching for a better definition but i couldnt find anything,

I used 195/45/14 tires on my 14x6 without any issues.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

ok to find a good selection of drag radial it seems 205 is where there at can i use that or you think i will have issues? thanks Brian for being so quick

Comment

It would depend on the height of the sidewall whether you could run a 205 drag tire. Do you know the diameter?
        Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

I've used this place for YEARS when I had tire questions.

205's in a 40 or 45's may work. On my 14's, I ran 195/45's as well.
          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

ok im looking at BFGoodrich drag radials there 205/50/14 i really like the Toyo proxes R888 but they only come in a 205/55/14 with that little bit taller matter?

Comment

The 50 and 55 are a percent of the tire height. Here is a tire calculator to help you. Its only a small difference.
              Selects a tire width, select an aspect ratio, and a rim diameter, and click on calc. The program calcs the correct tire diameter. this number can then be compared to the MFR original tire diameter.
              Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

well i get that and thanks for the calculator but how would i know if a 50 or 55 would be to tall? with a 14 in rim?

Comment

Put in the 195/45-14 as a reference... See how much it differs from there....

A 205/55-14 is almost an inch larger... The 205/50-14 is a half inch larger.

I think with both of those, you may run into issues if you're lowered at all; at least with rubbing over bumps and stuff, turning could be an issue too.

The dumbest thing would be to order the tires that won't work... If you want Toyo Tires, they make them in 195/45's and they're not terribly expensive.
                  Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
                    ok im looking at BFGoodrich drag radials there 205/50/14 i really like the Toyo proxes R888 but they only come in a 205/55/14 with that little bit taller matter?
                    Toyo proxies I have seen yesterday on the web 195/45/14....65 bucks I think
                    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                    89L Silver EFI auto
                    91GL Green Auto DD
                    There ain't no rest for the wicked
                    until we close our eyes for good.
                    I will sleep when I die!
                    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

i want a drag radial though

Comment

Working...
                      X