Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Energy Suspension Control Arm to Body Bushings.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Energy Suspension Control Arm to Body Bushings.....

Well, since Im redoing pretty much everything during the Aspire suspension/brake upgrade, I decided I wanted Poly bushings everywhere I could put them... Most vehicles have the control arm to body bushings available, but obviously we do not.....

SO...... we made them...

Should be a nice little upgrade from the stock rubber.
    Previous owner of a '89 Graphite L, 4spd, GL Seats, Aspire Brakes, 14x6's, 185/60/14's

can you give a little more info on what parts you used? what size bushings? part numbers?

Comment

^ Yes! More info, Please!
      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Energy bushings for the sway bar too? You should use the Aspire Bar if you're going for performance.

Kevin

Comment

nice work men.. give more ditales.. por favor hermano!!
          if I write badly....thanks google translator

Comment

I'll have to see if I can find the box they came in.... What we had to do was turn down the main diameter on a lathe. You can see the before and after in the top pic.

Then we also made a new metal sleeve to match the bushing inner diameter but still have the 10mm inner diameter for the bolt that is used on the festiva, plus the sleeve needed more length than the original energy suspension sleeve had.

So the process we did, is not a normal garage project and the parts are not a direct fit by any means... But it is possible.

Yes we are using Energy bushings on the Aspire Automatic sway bar too.....
            Last edited by jasonpaulbauer; 05-24-2008, 05:08 PM.
            Previous owner of a '89 Graphite L, 4spd, GL Seats, Aspire Brakes, 14x6's, 185/60/14's

Comment

Originally posted by jasonpaulbauer View Post
              ...Yes we are using Energy bushings on the Aspire Automatic sway bar too.....
              Aspire Automatic? Is there a reason for the automatic bar (for instance, is it bigger)?

Comment

Yes the auto is slightly bigger....

Comment

well then are you interested in machining those for our use on a commerical level????
                  It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by muscle_Car1 View Post
                    well then are you interested in machining those for our use on a commerical level????
                    hmm... that may be possible. I'll talk with my girlfriend as she is the person who turned them down and see what she thinks.

Comment

Your GF is a machinist???? Thats awesome.
                      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by jasonpaulbauer View Post
                        ...I'll talk with my girlfriend as she is the person who turned them down and see what she thinks.
                        Some guys are so lucky! All the girls I've ever been with were always jealous of the attention I gave to my cars.

Comment

lucky lucky man.

Comment

Originally posted by muscle_Car1 View Post
                            Your GF is a machinist???? Thats awesome.
                            Nope, she is an engineer that has a passion for welding and machining, so we have numerous welders and machine equipment in our workshop. ;P

Comment

yeah my wife loves to weld too.

Comment

Working...
                              X