No announcement yet.

Someone Please Help! Tire and Wheel Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As yet another contribution to the nagging WHEELS? threads, I found this wheel application chart in my stack of stuff. It came from a 1962 Hot Rod magazine.
    There are several 4.5 inch X 4 patterns but of cars of the era. Not likely the wheels would be easily found nor the off-set would be viable choices for a FWD car. So, for what ever it's worth....

Comment

I bought 4 155/80R12's a month ago They are Nankank brand.
      found this company, the importer,http://www.tireco.com/
      contacted them by phone...they gave me the name of a just (distributor) in NJ...called them...they gave me the number of a local guy who had them in stock....dropped the rims of in the morning....picked them up in the afternoon...less than $180 including tax.
      Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
      The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Difficult?

LOL. It amazes me how it is so difficult for everyone just to tell a guy what wheels you have on your stock Festiva (no Aspire spindle upgrades) so that he knows what definitely fits. Anyone can look at a compiled list of what "may" fit. There is always a disclaimer that they may not actually fit so you may end up with something that rubs the struts or something.

So here it goes: 1991 Dodge Colt stock steel wheels (13 inch) absolutely definitely fit.
        If you get the Colt center caps with the wheels, they look great & fill in the slight difference in the center hole of the wheel. The Colt center hole is slightly larger than the Festiva hub. You will notice that your speedometer is off slightly when going from 12" to 13" wheels but that could possibly be corrected if you measure the overall height of the stock mounted 12" tires (or the circumference) & then buy low profile 13" tires that give you the same dimension. I haven't researched what 13" low profile tires are available. Just buy the narrowest 13" tires you can so as to avoid any rubbing.

I hope this helps!
        Red '93 GL Auto & A/C
        Silver '89 L 4spd stick, A/C

Comment

Move to Canada... I can buy 12's from Walmart or Canadian Tire for $25-33 each!!
          Walmarts having a sale!
          BigJonnyG

Comment

Working...
          X