Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

91-94 Mercury Capri Rims on stock Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summit has spacers for them...but you have to also get the right height tire or they will rub the strut where the spring sits. Already tried them on the back of my car with 185/60/14 on it. I tried to space them out a 1/4 inch already and when they have weight on them they still hit....so looks like a 1/2 will be needed which means longer studs. Also when I hade the Mazda rims on my car with the same size tire....they were fine except in a hard corner , then they grabbed the inner lip of the fender.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

The rims I have came with 185/60/14s on them. One tire was ruined. I tried the good tire on back; the side wall squashed into the swing arm and the top edge of the tire planted firm on the strut spring mount. Tires of the same size vary between manufactures.

I don't enjoy fitting stuff. I can't afford trial and error design.

I'm thinking about using a 165/60/14. This is supposed to have the same circumference as the original tire.

165 wide to minimize contact patch for gas mileage...I don't do much sport driving.

165/60/14 is a popular size in Europe. I've only found one source in the states: Federal Formoza FD1.

Is anyone familiar with this tire? It's not expensive.
      Last edited by BigElCat; 07-20-2008, 04:25 PM.
      '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

glad to know the capri wheels fit good. the 91 capri i just bought has 4 of those wheels on it.
        05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

Comment

Working...
        X