• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by floydiancomplex View Post
    Aero Race Wheels 13x6 w/ 3.5" backspacing

Sumitomo HTR 200 175/50 R13

KYB AGX at all 4 corners with coilovers

Lowered 2" all around, no rubbing

I know I'm bring this up from the dead, but are there any pics of this setup?
    '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

I googled Aero Race Wheels, then went images. It was in the first row. His car domain page:

'89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
      '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
      '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
      '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
      '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
      '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
      '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Originally posted by David88 View Post
        I googled Aero Race Wheels, then went images. It was in the first row. His car domain page:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2433730/1990-ford-festiva

Ha Thanks that was quick!
        '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

estrellas, and federals

I'm running..

Federal SS 185/55/14

on

American Racing Estrella 14x6 painted gloss black.
          (Dual bolt pattern, fits stock festy or aspire. NO
          RUBBING-on festy at least)
          They fit good, and come out flush with the body.
          The rims have a 35mm offset.

here's a pic..
          Fesdiva is it's new name since she's acting crazy- 92 L

Comment

I just found some 205/60/13 that are for 100 should i get this and put them on some steelies.
            PostingID: 2758114617

Is there another rim that i can install that will fit that is a 13 or 14 with out no issues and tire comb that i can do .

Comment

man, that's a fat tire... better check the strut to tire clearance in the rear, you'll very likely rub at the strut AND fender lip. 185/60/13 will fit just fine, but you're going 20mm wider and 12mm taller with the 205s.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

If you're an ordinary stiff and just want your tires to stay within the confines of the wheel wells do not exceed 5 inches in rim width. Aspire swapped: my VW wheels are 5 1/2 wide 13s with 175/70 tires and will lightly rub under heavy load or big bumps whereas the stock 5 inch wide Aspire 13s with the same backset and same tires comfortably stay within the wells. I'd love to switch to 14s but I don't think there are too many narrow rims out there for them. Of course I could be wrong too.

Comment

Mitsubishi Lancer 5 spoke O.Z. 15x5.5" with 185-45-15 NANKANG sp2 tires. Rolled front fenders, no rubbing whatsoever with a 2" drop all around and no spacers.
                  Last edited by Advancedynamix; 12-22-2011, 12:46 PM.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Sounds to me like offset is the key here.

Karl
                    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                      If you're an ordinary stiff and just want your tires to stay within the confines of the wheel wells do not exceed 5 inches in rim width.
                      I have 185/60x14s on 6" rims, and have no clearance issues at all. AR Estrellas with 38mm offset. I have Aspire rear struts in order to clear the lower spring seat. I even have 5mm spacers to push the wheels farther out, needed because I installed the 5/8" threaded bar (the nylock nuts were a little in the way of this tall and wide of a tire).
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I have a set of 16x7" wheels with 205/40/16 tires. Not rubbing but it took some rolling and pulling to make it happen. I believe they are 35 offset, and I do have the aspire swap with eBay cool overs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

this thread gives me ideas .....an since i jus bent a rim ......looks like i need to hit the PnP up an also do some searching to find compatable donor cars for the stock festy lug pattern
                          Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X