Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TaDa! 15"x6" Sentra Steelies, Nexxan 195/45R15 tires, 5/16" spacers, stock springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still waiting for pix!!! rear strut area please.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyder View Post
      Looks Great!!! if you dont mind me asking how much does the steelie and tire together weigh?
      Like a dummy, I forgot to weigh them. I'll check when I install my chrome front lugs.

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
      still waiting for pix!!! rear strut area please.
      I haven't forgotten... I will do so asap!

I will tell you that it is close enough that the little new-tire-hairy-rubber-sticky-out-thingies on the tires brush the bottom of the strut as they go by...
      Last edited by thirdman; 03-10-2009, 02:38 PM.
      Thirdman
      1992 White Festiva L - original owner
      1993 Green-ish Stinktiva™ L - totaled

Comment

[QUOTE=thirdman;214022]Like a dummy, I forgot to weigh them. I'll check when I install my chrome front lugs.

ok, id really apprecate that. anyways, looking good.
        Tim S

Comment

I have additional 1/8" spacers for the rear on the way. More photos and reports when they get installed.
          Thirdman

Comment

Just out of curiosity, where do you get the chrome lugs? I haven't seen them anywhere.
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
            88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
            88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
            06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

Stupid question? What year Sentra are these rims off of.

Now before I get flamed, I have used the search feature for the list of the interchangeable rims and cannot for the life of me find it anywhere...

Maybe I'm blind.
              88 LX - Twin turbo, Intercooled :p
              Recently re-chistened from "Cheapstiva" to "Expenstiva"

Comment

Not sure what year those particular wheels are off of, but 2000-2006 Sentra have 4x4.5" bolt pattern and the base models from those years have 15" steelies. Earlier Sentras have 4x100mm wheels.

I think you'd find those steelies under these wheel covers.

I believe that Sentra GXE's from those years also have 15" 5 spoke alloys that would probably be the same offset.

Early Altimas also have 4x4.5" bolt pattern and the steel wheels look exactly like the Sentra steel wheels so they'd probably work too.

Comment

7/16" spacers for the win

Updates:
                  My old stock steelies with 155R12s weighed 22lbs, my new shoes weigh 38lbs each. That's a total of 64lbs total extra.

The chrome lugs are from ezaccessories.com (the direct link is in the first post).

The wheels are from '03-'06 Sentras and/or '93-'04 Altimas.

I now have a total of 7/16" in spacers on each side, only on the rear.

Here are some photos of the clearance between the tire and strut:

Yeah, it's close, but it works. Before I added another 1/8" spacer, I could get the right tire to rub in a HARD left corner. You can see a rub mark on the tire from my experimenting. The photos are of the final configuration with a total 7/16" of spacers.
                  Last edited by thirdman; 03-21-2009, 11:58 PM.
                  Thirdman

Comment

Just curious. You said you bought these Sentra wheels for $60? Is that per wheel or total? I was inspired by the sheer size difference and I think it should make a huge difference in the festy's handling. I swapped from 12" to 13" and it's just too small for my taste.

I went to ebay and found the sentra rims new but they want $160 for the set and another $80 to ship! It's a bit pricey for me. I was trying to keep this Festiva project within a tight budget. I check the loacl craigslist (I'm in KY) -nothing there... (at least I didn't see anything)

Any tips on finding these same rims you got?

TIA
                    88 LX - Twin turbo, Intercooled :p
                    Recently re-chistened from "Cheapstiva" to "Expenstiva"

Comment

Sorry, I did not realize the links in the first post were for the lugs, just the wheels and spacers. My bad.
                      http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
                      88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
                      88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
                      06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkdoc60 View Post
                        Sorry, I did not realize the links in the first post were for the lugs, just the wheels and spacers. My bad.
                        No worries... just bein' snarky!
                        Thirdman

Comment

Originally posted by boostmaster View Post
                          Just curious. You said you bought these Sentra wheels for $60? Is that per wheel or total?

Any tips on finding these same rims you got?

TIA
                          I got 'em for $60 TOTAL for all 4 off of ebay... it was a total steal (no pun intended). I was the only one that bid on them. They were pretty rusty (just surface rust), so I had to scrub and paint them.

The only advice I have is to watch ebay and be patient. And lucky. Shipping is normally going to be a killer, so you might have better luck at your local pick-n-pull.
                          Thirdman

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                            OMG ! Redford will be pulled into the garage immeadiately. The bolt will be removed, sanded, primed and given two coat of high quality enamel. After the paint has cured in seven to ten day Ill put the car on the road again. Sorry for the embarrassment to the corporation. Not an image we like to protray.
                            Classic!! LOL!!!
                            ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
                            #2 .....Cheesehead
                            #3 '91 White - Donor Car
                            #4 .....Montana Project
                            SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
                            Bought her back for $450
                            Now that's darn near priceless!!

Comment

Two weeks in and I am still thrilled. Traction is unbelievably good compared to my crappy old tires. It boggles my mind to think what some seriously sticky name-brand tires would be like! Wet traction is excellent, too.

And no rubbing!
                              Thirdman

Comment

Wow no wonder you can't get the tires to chirp, thats ALOT of added rotational mass!!! That thing must have lost .3 in the quarter just from adding rims and your gas mileage must have gone down too! -Kyle
                                Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Working...
                                X