No announcement yet.

Super Pro Poly Bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! I'm not a vendor nor do I plan on becoming one, but if there are a few of you interested, I could probably import a few sets. I'm not sure if they have a US Distributor. Maybe we can start a list here and see what the interest is. Get some ideas on numbers. Heck, maybe FMS might be interested in being the official vendor. I remember meeting him at the Whiteline booth at SEMA some years ago.

so yeah, feel free to post here if you are interested and I'll compile a list of interested parties.

Comment

Damn. So i just did a test fit of these bushings and they are 24mm ID. Won't work with the Festiva front swaybar which is 22mm.

I've looked through the Nolathane bushing catalogue and cross-referenced the Mazda 121. No swaybar mounts for the 121 in the Festiva body type.

The outside of the bushing fits perfectly within the brackets. Pics to follow. So, for the time being, i could wrap the bar perhaps with a bunch of teflon tape to build up some surface. But that's not a real solution. However, it looks like Super Pro offers a 22mm ID bushing so perhaps that would fit properly. The bushing I have might fit the Aspire bar. I also have the 26mm ID bushing. I'll have to make a run to the junkyard to pick up an Aspire bar. They only have an automatic bar there. So it may be larger than the manual.

Comment

Nolathane Swaybar Bushings

Nolathane Front Swaybar Bushings (24mm ID)

Comparison with stock bushing:

Swaybar Bushing in Bracket:

Installed:

I ended up trimming one of the ends of the bushings so that it wraps tighter around the swaybar. Not perfect but tugging on the swaybar seemed to indicate it was a play-free. We'll see how it is on the road. I think at this point the Super Pro might be our best option for 22mm swaybars.
        Last edited by Arnie; 05-10-2009, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Nolathane Control Arm to Swaybar Bushings

Control Arm Bushings

Control Arm Bushing Installed:

Fitment is perfect on these. Note, this is just a test fitment, no grease has been applied.
          Last edited by Arnie; 05-10-2009, 08:55 AM.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I hope it's fine for me to update it with a bit of details:

So, I have recently purchased said SPF1478-22K and SPF0161K from Tein USA. There we two options on shipping - cheaper option was to get in their monthly order and get stuff shipped from the US later, or more pricey option of getting stuff shipped directly from Australia, which I had to do considering my race date.

So my order was SPF1478-22K $36, SPF0161K $35, Shipping $26.30, Grand Total $97.30
            I got stuff in my mail like 10 days after I've paid via paypal. Ordered that via email, it's tus_sales@tein.com

SPF1478-22K and SPF0161K are for stock festiva sway bar, they both installed right away without any fine tuning:

rusEfi - DIY ECU
            93 EFI: tach cluster, aspire mirrors & spindles. ZX2 master cylinder, BP+G25 swap with a door hinge, rio struts. 205/50r15, 140mph speedometer,rear disk brakes, mini cooper + subaru front brakes rear sway bar

Comment

Russian, do the swaybar to body mount bushings fit only an Aspire manual or auto bar or do they fit a stock Festiva bar?

And these are the same as what Arnie was reporting on, only in a different color?

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                Russian, do the swaybar to body mount bushings fit only an Aspire manual or auto bar or do they fit a stock Festiva bar?

And these are the same as what Arnie was reporting on, only in a different color?

Karl
                Arnie has started this thread about Super Pro (blue, one manufacturer) but later changed the subject to Nolathane (red, another manufacturer)

-22K in the code stands for 22 mm diameter, it is for the stock festiva sway bar, I have a stock festiva sway bar.

Same product but with -24K or -26K in the end I believe would mean 24mm and 26mm diameter. So, you have three options for different sway bar diameters.
                rusEfi - DIY ECU
                93 EFI: tach cluster, aspire mirrors & spindles. ZX2 master cylinder, BP+G25 swap with a door hinge, rio struts. 205/50r15, 140mph speedometer,rear disk brakes, mini cooper + subaru front brakes rear sway bar

Comment

Thanks Russ!

Karl
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                  X