stainless brake lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stainless brake lines

I have decided to start a new thread. Today is Canada Day and everything was closed. So, I took a drive to Buffalo to visit Classic Tube and have them profile my hard brake lines.

Classic Tube brake, fuel and transmission lines are pre-bent to OEM specs or custom-made for your vehicle. Find the right tubing for your classic car today!

I will post the numbers in about 4-5 weeks. They are extremely busy and backordered. I picked up a 3/16" bender. I also got a bunch of stainless retainers. Check the picture.
    On the left... a retainer from New Mexico. On the right... a retainer from Michigan. In the middle... stainless.

I asked for a quote for all stainless fittings on stainless lines.
    I am expecting the quote to be $229.

You may purchase all or even just one of the lines once it has been profiled.
    Wait until you see the finished product.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 07-01-2009, 07:16 PM.

nice keep us updated.
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Thank you!
      That would be so nice not to have to mess with corroded brake lines!
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

That's awesome!
        ---------------------------------------------------
        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
        ---------------------------------------------------
        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Sweet!!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

one month

It took exactly four weeks to have the stainless lines bent.
            Was it worth it to have all stainless fittings, tubing and clamps?
            See for yourself:

Comment

Looks great. Too bad most of it will be hidden under the car!
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada
              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Awesome!!
                -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

OK, I'll bite!
                  How much?
                  '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                  '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                  '92 Aqua parts Car
                  '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                  '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                  Your holy ghost will not save you.
                  Your God plutonium will not save you.
                  In fact...
                  ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

160 bucks

$160 for everything except the two long lines (including retainers). $240 for everything.
                    No more rust ever. Obviously, this car will only carry third party liability insurance. In the event of collision, the brake lines will be one of the first things I will remove (after the spoiler of course).
                    Last edited by bravekozak; 08-03-2009, 08:31 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

ok thats awesome so are they keeping the profiles on computer and can bend up a set when ever? i REALY want a set but dont have any money now in a bit i will tho...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

no profile

The owner decided not to profile the lines. His choice. They asked me for an additional $200 to profile. I politely declined. Your will have to send in your old lines. They will send you back the new ones. Inconvenient. I told them others would want them on fordfestiva.com, but he still didn't bite. Festivas don't get as much respect as Corvettes. I compared each line to the original. They were done perfectly. Each line will have your name on them.

Comment

ooo thats cool... maby when i paint the car and have to take everything apart ill send mine it have you put them on your car yet? notice any diffrence in braking power or feel?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

yesterday

I just picked them up in Buffalo yesterday. Monday was a holiday in Ontario. I took the scenic route up Transit road, through Lockport, then past the Tuscarora Indian Reserve to Lewiston. I'll take a few pics as soon as I figure out which line goes where. I knew I should have taken some pictures before I removed everything! Please help me Mr. shop manual.
                            One of the reasons for changing the lines, was because the old lines just fell apart from the rust while attempting to install new flex lines.
                            Last edited by bravekozak; 08-04-2009, 05:25 AM.

Comment

WOW! Those are nice. And really thats not a bad price for all new lines.
                              Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                              - Unknown
                              I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                              - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                              - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Working...
                              X