Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like these 14" wheels for a festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been wondering with the right abrasives and buffing wheels if the Lancer rims might be converted to a mirror like polished finish?(I always remember a probably pretty corny book from Scholastic Book Service in grade school or junior high when we had to buy a couple each term and I got one I probably called STREET ROD written by someone I think named George Fenton,[if I don't have his name mixed up with the tenor saxophonist/bassist of the '60/'70s group THE JAZZ CRUSADERS/THE CRUSADERS who I think was Winton Felder?] where some guy without too much bread used kitchen drawer pulls bolted to flat disc wheel covers instead of custom rims, and copper colored paint instead of chrome; yet came away with first prize at the big car show...probably wisely using his available cash to bribe the judges?)
    '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

Originally posted by todd00 View Post
      i like the lancer. i dont care for painting the rims, or the dark colored rims much. the lancer rims would look best on your car, in my opinion. just my 2 shillings worth.
      Cool! I still like them too good to know they still look good amongst some aftermarket options. No bids yet, with any luck I clean up for $100 later today!
      And my condolences for the loss of your mother, I too lost mine June 19th Hope your doing okay there!

Originally posted by bobstad View Post
      I've been wondering with the right abrasives and buffing wheels if the Lancer rims might be converted to a mirror like polished finish?
      Well my last car had the full polished chromes but that's not the look I'm going for with the Festiva, plus I think it'd look a bit silly (but thats just my opinion). With this car I just want to acheive a tidy look. I am restoring the body work and paint work later this month and hopefully all the side strips too so when it rolls back out it's looking more like it did in 1993. The wheels should just give it a fresh look without anyone really looking twice at it on the street. I have big plans down the road but I also have a home mortgage that is sucking most of my money away so it will take time, but this little white festy should be hiding a B6T under its bonnet one day.
      Last edited by Click_It; 07-03-2009, 08:20 PM.
      200,000KM milestone!

Comment

I'm not big on directional wheels either... nay 2
        ---------------------------------------------------
        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Well I figure if I can snap these up for $100 and I later decide they don't look right I can always put them back up on eBay. I should be able to get my money back considering they are a set of 5 and come with 80% tread tires (just the wrong spec for a Festiva)
          200,000KM milestone!

Comment

Ummmm...

I got drunk and forgot about the auction, it ended 3 hours ago.
            Nobody bought them though so I might send him an offer for $100 and see if he takes it
            200,000KM milestone!

Comment

Too bad they won't fit an Aspire brake up-grade!(I've got a "hybrid" now, Aspire bolt pattern on the rear and Festiva front end awaiting what should've been done more or less on the 4/13/07 weekend, given less reactionary oppression in the hostile take-over and oppression I suffered in my apartment I was made homeless from January of 2008...)
              '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

Originally posted by Click_It View Post

Stud pattern / PCD is 114.3 so green light there.
                We have that style of rim over here in the states as well. 91 dodge colt (not vista) and early 90's mitsubishi mirages'....problem is that they are 4x100 over here. and 13" and 14" alloys are available.
                Last edited by festivaWES; 07-11-2009, 07:47 AM.
                The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Working...
                X