Aspire rear brake bleed issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speed bleeders

Has anyone exer used Russell speed bleeders?
    $10 per pair.
    Free Shipping - Russell Speed Bleeders with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Brake Bleeders at Summit Racing.

You are right, the Aspire takes M8 X 1.0
    Last edited by bravekozak; 07-16-2009, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnie View Post
      Are you suggesting a full bench bleed?
      Just like a bench blead but do it on the car - also remember that you've had all four lines off and fluid draining out so as you bleed keep an eye on your resivor level so that it doesnt suck air while your bleeding your drums/calipers

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
      92 GL - parts car
      97 aspire - parts car
      87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
      http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
      Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Yeah, when i installed the Aspire stuff I made sure to watch the fluid and/or cap off exposed lines to keep things from draining completely. The reservoir was never dry. Lowest point it ever got was mid-level. I continuously filled the reservoir at any point that i had the lines "open".

I've tried the Russell before but wasn't too impressed with them. Never seemed to get all the bubbles out as effectively as with ye ol' buddy pumpin' method.

Comment

Woohoo, fixed. I'm really not sure how this worked but it did. So I was dragging my heals on working on the bleed, just sitting in the car messing with the e-brake. I decided I needed to adjust the cable. Adjusted it till the e-brake had a fairly short throw. Pressed on the brake pedal and noticed that the pedal was more firm. Hmmm. Then decided to start bleeding. Voila! Rear drums start flowing fluid. After that it was a piece of cake. I'm thinking because the pads weren't close enough to being fully engaged, the pedal wasn't pumping far enough to get fluid going?

Braking performance is truly significantly better than the Festiva. Lots of bite. Pedal feel is pretty decent considering i don't have SS lines and modulation is good.

Thanks for you help gentlemen!

Comment

Originally posted by Fez View Post
            or you could try these: http://www.speedbleeder.com/
            The part number for an Aspire front or rear is SB8100 and they are only $7 a piece.
            I just ordered these, in stainless, for my Festy rear brakes. I pulled a bleeder screw from a JY Festy and took it in to Advance Auto to check the size. Festys are also 8mm x 1.00 pitch.

Note that the wrench you need to turn the screw will be somewhere from a 1/4" to 7/16" hex, because they use SAE bleeder screw stock, which they say is far cheaper than metric stock.
            Last edited by TominMO; 05-06-2011, 10:01 AM.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
            X