No announcement yet.

Energy Suspension Control Arm to Body Bushings ROUND 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got mine in yesterday! Good stuff I must say I am very pleased!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    ---------------------------------------------------
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Only a few sets left.....
      Previous owner of a '89 Graphite L, 4spd, GL Seats, Aspire Brakes, 14x6's, 185/60/14's

Comment

This may be way out on a limb, but what would you charge to do an entire bushing set for the car?
        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
          This may be way out on a limb, but what would you charge to do an entire bushing set for the car?
          One off bushing sets are probably not worth me doing other than for my own car. It takes too much time figuring out what to use to get them to work.

I do think I have every bushing in the front suspension replaced on mine with polyurethane except for the top strut mounts. I think the only other bushings not currently available in polyurethane is the rear axle pivot bushings.

What bushings are you wanting in this set?

Im open to suggestions on what to make next, but it does take some time to get the first prototype made. I either need to tear our car apart to do it, or have an extra of the part Im trying to improve/reproduce.

Im still thinking about trying caster plates, but there is just soo much going on that I havent had a chance to design them yet....

If anyone has drawings of something they'd like us to try making, we'd definitely consider them.
          Last edited by jasonpaulbauer; 09-21-2009, 12:25 PM.
          Previous owner of a '89 Graphite L, 4spd, GL Seats, Aspire Brakes, 14x6's, 185/60/14's

Comment

Actually, I was looking for a full set for the front end. I planned on going to FMS for the high durometer rubber ones, but I would like to get something better than that. Call me picky?
            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
              Actually, I was looking for a full set for the front end. I planned on going to FMS for the high durometer rubber ones, but I would like to get something better than that. Call me picky?
              Everything is available in polyurethane.

Here's a list:

Control arm to sway bar bushings - moog for festiva
              Sway bar to body bushings - use aftermarket and make a backing plate.
              Control arm pivot - I make them

I think that covers the front suspension.

Comment

got mine today AWESOME work very happy with them, thanks very much

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by jasonpaulbauer View Post
                  Everything is available in polyurethane.

Here's a list:

Control arm to sway bar bushings - moog for festiva
                  Sway bar to body bushings - use aftermarket and make a backing plate.
                  Control arm pivot - I make them

I think that covers the front suspension.

And SuperPro makes all of those bushings as well (and no need to make the backing plate for the sway bar bushing). contact TEIN USA for them.

Comment

Working...
                  X