rear strut bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear strut bolts

ok i am doing a aspire swap on my 88 and when i was removing the aspire rear beam the bottom strut bolts broke so how can i bolt the struts up? i have torched the old out with out hurting the beam but there is a small wall in the beam that stops from puting a new nut in and holding with a wrench to tighten any one have this prob be for? what should i do.

If you mean the piece that is at the back, just cut it out, then the wrench will go in. If you want you can weld that back on, I didn't, and had no problems. Show a pic of the "wall" in question.
    97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
    CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
    Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

ok this is the rest of the bolt i cut it and was going to cut the nut inside the beam so i could run a new bolt and nut but this wall is in the way its right after the nut on the inside for the strut.

it is like this on both sides

Comment

I put bolts and nuts when i re-did old red's suspension.
        ---------------------------------------------------
        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

i want to but can with that wall there in the beam bottom pic

Comment

Knock the broken portion off (in) with a punch. Put a flare nut in a box end wrench and stick it in there. Run the bolt through the new strut....cake.
            The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
            BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

look at the pic you cant get to the nut that is a spindel nut

Comment

ok well this is a ? on the front i got every thing is all on but the break line the rubber one is so tight its like almost at a kink what should do or is this ok?

Comment

[ATTACH]2101[/ATTACH]

Comment

Are you using the festiva lines or aspire lines?
                    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

aspire the festiva ones wont fit

Comment

Ok, just making sure. I'm not around my car at the moment, so I can't really help, but I know for sure my brake lines on the swap don't look like that. Are you sure you have everything in the right spot?
                        "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

yeah at first i thought it was the wrong side but i switched it and still same

Comment

Ok, well maybe someone else will be able to help, but next chance I get I'll see how it's set up on my other car

Comment

ok thanks for the help tho

Comment

Working...
                              X