Brake upgrade and hydraulic clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake upgrade and hydraulic clutch

For anyone who wants to upgrade their brakes, the V6 Mx3 booster is bolt on, and there is enough room to bring the clutch cable out the same hole. anyways the reason i went to this booster is for the hydraulic clutch conversion.

I mounted the entire Mx3 v6 clutch pedal assembly and clutch master cylinder... BARELY fit, but it fit.

where the clutch pedal sits isnt perfect, but its good enough. Had to trim all the brackets for the festy clutch pedal off the side of the bracket and reverse the pivot bolt so the end that stuck out for the old clutch pedal comes out the other side and its not in the way of the mx3 assembly.

93' Festiva gl 1.3 5spd
    94' Mx3 gs 2.5 5spd

Lookin Good!
    1990 Flat black Festiva...Mostly stock...

Comment

Hydraulic goodness!
      Steve GT

Comment

what are you doing proportioning valve?

Comment

Originally posted by takeone51 View Post
          what are you doing proportioning valve?
          Probably reuse the festiva one
          93' Festiva gl 1.3 5spd
          94' Mx3 gs 2.5 5spd

Comment

would it have helped if you used an automatic pedal set and just add the clutch pedal? or use a mx3's pedal assmebly completly?

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
              would it have helped if you used an automatic pedal set and just add the clutch pedal? or use a mx3's pedal assmebly completly?
              I used the complete mx3 clutch pedal... they are seperate in the 94+ mx3s. the festy has both brake and clutch on the same bracket. I had to keep the festy bracket because there is 2 mounting points on it for the steering column and the festy brake pedal bends around the column perfectly. no way the mx3 brake pedal would be anywhere near the same.

maybe the festy automatic brake pedal would work better, but i dont have one. lol

im happy with how this turned out, if i really want to move the clutch pedal position a quarter inch one way or another i can always just take the pedal arm off and cut/weld/bend to make it perfect.
              Last edited by lxoom; 10-18-2009, 05:01 PM.
              93' Festiva gl 1.3 5spd
              94' Mx3 gs 2.5 5spd

Comment

Looks like this is better than the clutch master through the clutch cable hole. You will have full pedal travel not two inches like mine.
                Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
                88? Parts car-sold
                91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
                86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
                1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

Thats an interesting conversion, i like it!! i'm assuming that brake master cylinder feeds the hydraulic clutch system?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by gorgonheimer View Post
                    Looks like this is better than the clutch master through the clutch cable hole. You will have full pedal travel not two inches like mine.
                    yeah, the clutch travel is perfect, goes all the way down to the stop with out hitting the floor. thats why i wanted to use an entire new pedal assembly and master cyl.. Plus i know the stock brake booster will be insufficient for the brakes Ill be running. watch for that thread later., lol

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                    Thats an interesting conversion, i like it!! i'm assuming that brake master cylinder feeds the hydraulic clutch system?
                    yep sure does ! you can see the line there going to the clutch master cylinder. not too hard to do. gotta drill 3 holes in the fire wall and like i said before get the grinder out and cut up the festiva bracket a little bit
                    93' Festiva gl 1.3 5spd
                    94' Mx3 gs 2.5 5spd

Comment

That should make it easier for anyone wanting to convert to a hydraulic clutch :thumbright:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I wonder if this would improve the aspire swap?
                        Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                        Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                        "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                          I wonder if this would improve the aspire swap?

its definetly an improvement over the stock brake booster... or even when its time for a new master cylinder, it would be cheaper to pick up the mx3 v6 assembly from the wreckers then try to hunt down new festiva parts. just another option
                          93' Festiva gl 1.3 5spd
                          94' Mx3 gs 2.5 5spd

Comment

No option to edit a post on here ?

Just wanted to add that 92-93 mx3s have a different setup... the clutch and brake are an integrated assembly. and 94+ they are seperate. Just in case anyone is looking for these parts you will need the pedal assembly from the 94+ but the booster and brake master will work from any year !

i found that out the hard way when I did my 5spd conversion on my mx3
                            93' Festiva gl 1.3 5spd
                            94' Mx3 gs 2.5 5spd

Comment

so let me get this right, this would enable a hydraulic clutch to be fitted into a Festiva from say a Ford Capri XR2 - F series hydraulic clutch?
                              Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                              Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                              Highway - 7.32L/100km
                              City - yet to be determined.

Comment

Working...
                              X