No announcement yet.

whos running 14inch wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look for wheels that are 14x6 with a 38mm offset. And stock bolt pattern is 4x114.3
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

cant find nothing that wont rub seem to me
      dont matter Ill stay with the 12inch wheels if its such a hassle or problem

Comment

Originally posted by number1_kid View Post
        cant find nothing that wont rub seem to me
        dont matter Ill stay with the 12inch wheels if its such a hassle or problem
        I really like the Metro 13" steelies for cheap rims and better tire availability. They have the Festy bolt pattern. To me, the best all-around tire size for Festivas is 175/70x13. I would run the Kumho Solis in that size; all-season, good in snow, 80K mile warranty, probably no rubbing (I haven't tried them on a Festy yet, in this size).
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

All you have to do is search. Here is a nice set with dual bolt patterns.
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay View Post
            All you have to do is search. Here is a nice set with dual bolt patterns.
            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-NEW...Q5fAccessories
            those are pretty nice rims.....will have to save my pennies till I grow up.
            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            There ain't no rest for the wicked
            until we close our eyes for good.
            I will sleep when I die!
            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

185/60/14 Rims

185/60/14 on Jetta rims, in the picture I am trying to show you there is a complete set of Drums and lighting gear inside.
              Cannot copy and paste picture?
              Aspires and Sways all around, Miata B6 installed, KYB G2Rs just installed in front. Wish for coil overs someday.

Comment

I've done some searching, so sorry if I didn't search deep enough.

I couldn't quite find an answer to this:
                Can I use the stock lug bolts with non-Festiva rims? Such as metro steelies or any 14" rims? Or would I need to install studs? If so, what size studs and how do you do that?

I'm a newbie at Festiva tires/rims, so sorry if this is basic common knowledge to y'all.
                ~Austin
                Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

195-60-14.... mine dont rub, but i have verry stiff springs. ive also ran 205-60-14 with no problems.

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
                  1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
                  R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
                  00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
                  03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
                  pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
                  Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
                  Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

I can't edit my last post...
                    I found the write up on installing studs.

I've been looking at 14" rims/tires on CL.
                    To confirm:
                    185-60/R14 would be 5-7" rim width. The offset calculator says 2mm more on 5", 11mm less on 6" and 24mm less on 7". I assume this means that I would have to install a spacer between the hub and wheel to clear suspension components if the rims were wider than 5"?
                    ~Austin
                    Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

I've got 185/60x14 on 6" wide AR Estrellas, dual bolt pattern. No rubbing becuase I have Aspire rear struts.
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
                        I've done some searching, so sorry if I didn't search deep enough.

I couldn't quite find an answer to this:
                        Can I use the stock lug bolts with non-Festiva rims? Such as metro steelies or any 14" rims? Or would I need to install studs? If so, what size studs and how do you do that?

I'm a newbie at Festiva tires/rims, so sorry if this is basic common knowledge to y'all.
                        you can use the festy bolts, if there are a minimum of 6 threads protruding past the mating surface of the rim.
                        you can't use honda rims unless you use VW bolts because honda rims don't have a conical seat for the bolt head.
                        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Right, I found out the hard way that my stock lug bolts didn't work on my aftermarket aluminum wheels. Vibration at hwy speeds. Ended up buying aftermarket lug bolts, which had a longer conical area to grab the thicker wheel. The other option was of course studs.

Stock lug bolts work fine for Metro steelies, which are as thin as our wheels.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Thank y'all.
                            Well I'll see what rims/tires I end up getting and then maybe install studs/spacers based on their fit.
                            I think I have it figured out now, just have to find some wheels.
                            ~Austin
                            Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

Working...
                            X