14'' wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14'' wheels

does anyone know what, if any 14''wheels will fit an 88 festiva, i need to be able to get speed rated tires, thanks

the bolt pattern is 4x114.3 (4.5)
    Discuss improvements to your Festiva or Aspire in the handling, braking, wheels and tires areas.
    1973 Cb750 haven't touched it yet with no idea what I am planning on doing with it
    1978 25th Anniversary edition Corvette
    1983 Chevy Elcamino
    1993 Ford Festiva GL
    2003 Hyundia Santa Fe ( Wifes Daily driver)
    some old dodge motorhome I have no idea of the year

Comment

I though all street tires had speed ratings. There is a ton of info on wheel sizes in this section, just need to search for what you need.
      Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by perucho View Post
        I though all street tires had speed ratings. There is a ton of info on wheel sizes in this section, just need to search for what you need.
        I think he meant rated for high speeds.

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Originally posted by festiva351w View Post
          does anyone know what, if any 14''wheels will fit an 88 festiva, i need to be able to get speed rated tires, thanks
          I have 14"x6", 38m offset American Racing Estrellas on Casper. These are dual-bolt pattern: 4x114 for Festys and 4x100 for Aspires and lotsa other cars.

Normally you will need spacers for the rear, but if you go with Aspire rear struts, which have a higher spring perch at the bottom of the spring, you might not need them. The fronts will be fine.

You might need to use a hammer to compress the inner fender lip on all four fenders; and maybe pull the fenders out a little, by hand.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I also have 14x6 with 38mm offset and my car is lowered, I have 195/45/14 tires and have no rubbing issues at all. I have KYB super struts and FMS springs.
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

Oh, my tires are 185/60x14, BTW. Relatively minor rubbing issues until I "massaged" the fenders a bit to fix it.
              Last edited by TominMO; 01-03-2010, 10:24 PM.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

well wtf i just posted a reply and had to refresh page and lost it well i'll see if this goes thru

Comment

well ok thanks, i have a pro/street festiva tubbed out, with rear wheel drive and mickey thompon 29x18.50 on it, so yeah i need speed rated tires i blew out a 12'' @104 mph, so i want to get bigger wheels so i can get hp tires for it, on the front, well i was hoping that someone could just say that wheel of whatever make/model will fit, auto part stores seem to be only able to look up parts for an exact vehicle, no cross referncing, your in put has haepled, thanks

Comment

^ Do you have pictures. I would like to see a Festiva thats a Drag car.
                    '90 LX

Comment

yes i have pics i dunno how to put them on here

Comment

Originally posted by festiva351w View Post
                        yes i have pics i dunno how to put them on here
                        You need to host the pictures somewhere. Photobucket works great, you can host them there then just paste the IMG link on the site.
                        Brian
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                        :fish:

Comment

excited for pics
                          -Josh R

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

To answer your question Nissan Altima wheels will fit.
                              -Greg
                              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                              Redneck Engineer
                              FOTY - '09
                              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Working...
                              X