No announcement yet.

disk brake info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the big Capri fronts too... if I manage to lock up the rear starts to come around...really need something better than bicycle brakes back there.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
      ...really need something better than bicycle brakes back there.
      lol good one

Comment

Just FYI the rx7 calipers in the 2nd pix I just found in the junk yard today, 4 piston calipers, on a 87 Gxl nonturbo and they only have one brake line going to it

Comment

Someone may be able to use this info from "British V8" magazine:

One of them used an early 240SX rear disc setup on their car. He says it has a cable operated e-brake and fits 4 X 4.5" bolt pattern, which I believe is the same as 4 X 114.3 on our stock Festivas.

Here's a link:

How Larry Ellis swapped a Rover 3.5L V8 into Martyn Harvey's 1980 MGB

The pertinant picture is tenth up from the bottom.

He also uses Fiero seats, as these are thin enough to fit in older British roadsters, while many others aren't. I think someone here used Fiero seats in their Festiva. I'm gonna go post an FYI thread in the general forum on this site.

Karl
          Last edited by Safety Guy; 05-23-2010, 02:33 PM.
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I still have my Capri parts car, I always wanted to see if those would work...
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

so anyone see any problems with me using a EGT Proportioning valve when i have all EGT break components? same for rx7?

Comment

^ not really.
                It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

cool. also just for kicks im working out how to make a realy good sway bar that you can bolt on. im using my old festiva axle for a tepmplate.

Comment

I edited this post as I couldn't stand brakes being spelled breaks
                    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

thanks

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

That's the breaks, when you misssssspell brakes!

Karl
                        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Just went to a local yard on saturday looking for the compenents for an egt rear disc swap, inadvertantly scored some 93 egt 15" 5 spoke wheels for the winter in pretty good shape with all of the small centercaps intact. got the 93 master cyl with internal porportioning valve, front and rear calipers(I plan on using new ones but when i saw the core prices on az.com i crapped my pants so i figured 15 bucks for 2 junk cores to turn in wasnt bad) and i got the rear discs since they looked fairly new, it was half price day so i also scored 91 egt master cyl and the seperate porportioning valve. I know im gonna get yelled at for deciding to do the rear disc swap but as far as the theme im going for ive always thought it would complete the look, ordered some replacement drums on rockauto to machine into hubs since there were no aspires to be found and i was to tired to look for any rios. once i get some brackets made ill post photos.
                          Tim
                          '97 Aspire ST, UltraViolet Blue, 37k miles - New Storage Queen
                          '03 SVT Lightning, Dark Shadow Gray, 30k miles - Storage Queen 11 months/year
                          '95 SVT Aspire B3T, Green Mica, 75k miles - DD
                          '01 ZX-500R, Violet Pearl/Gray, 5400 miles - Storage Queen
                          '89 Suzuki FA50 Bright Red - Lake Transportation

Cardomain.com/id/aspiresvt

Previous Vehicles
                          '92 Festiva L "Sport" Green Mica
                          '92 Festiva GL Blue Pearl
                          '92 Capri XR2 Performance Red

Comment

Awsome, awsome to the max.

Comment

Just went to autozone. swaped out my junk calipers for a couple of reman ones. got a set of pads and hoses to get me going and some new timken bearing sets and seals for the aspire drum/hubs. machined the used rotors (still in spec by far!) my drums came today from rock auto aswell so ill press in the bearing cups tomorrow and get working on machining them down into hubs. im gonna pick up a 1/2 inch steel plate from a local metal fab company on my lunch break tomorrow already started a template of the caliper brackets but i need to get the car on a rack to measure for the spindle. i got a little to do but i want to make quick work of this project and get back on the B3+T
                              Last edited by Aspire SVT; 06-02-2010, 07:31 PM.
                              Tim
                              '97 Aspire ST, UltraViolet Blue, 37k miles - New Storage Queen
                              '03 SVT Lightning, Dark Shadow Gray, 30k miles - Storage Queen 11 months/year
                              '95 SVT Aspire B3T, Green Mica, 75k miles - DD
                              '01 ZX-500R, Violet Pearl/Gray, 5400 miles - Storage Queen
                              '89 Suzuki FA50 Bright Red - Lake Transportation

Cardomain.com/id/aspiresvt

Previous Vehicles
                              '92 Festiva L "Sport" Green Mica
                              '92 Festiva GL Blue Pearl
                              '92 Capri XR2 Performance Red

Comment

hells yes just b shure to post tons of pix of all the steps as well as pertinent measurements.

Comment

Working...
                                X