civic struts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civic struts

i hope this idea hasnt been beaten to death but i couldnt find anything with the search button.

do the struts from a civic fit a festiva? i know the springs will, im just wondering about the struts.

are the springs stiff enough (stock) on the civics to make a difference if i install them?

here is the set im looking at

Last edited by Ghost; 04-14-2010, 10:04 PM.

struts wont fit... the perches dont even look close...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

any clue on the spring rates? worth picking up?

Comment

Those don't quite look right to me. Fronts don't have proper strut bottoms. Springs may "fit," but I wouldn't know. Rear struts look too short and have different bottoms too. Rear springs aren't shaped right.

Try front struts from a junkyard '01 to '02 Rio. Struts should be bolt in and you should be able to cut the front springs to lower it to stock ride height or lower. I'm planning on that conversion shortly on AquaMutt, probably using my already cut Aspire front springs.

Look for the "Rio brakes" thread in this section and you'll get a lot of pics to look at.

Rio rears won't fit. Totally different. I'd go with Aspire struts and cut Aspire springs.

Someone was going to try Chevette springs for the front but I don't think he's posted his results yet.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
        X