my frist big mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my frist big mod

i have just started an aspire swap. it is my first one and looking forward to seeing the diff in braking.
    i have done a lot or reading on this and i think i can get this done in the next couple of days so it will b ready for the next auto x race day.
    if u guys have anymore tips let me know
    the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
    \/\_____________FORD
    FOREVER

PB blaster or wd 40 or whatever you like is YOUR FRIEND!

-Scott
    Aqua 93 L
    Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
    White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

PB Blaster all the way....WD40 is only good for lube and dispelling water.
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

The difference in braking is incredible, you will absolutely love the aspire swap!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

It's the first performance swap everyone should do. Stopping is more important than going.

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
            PB Blaster all the way....WD40 is only good for lube and dispelling water.
            i really did not need it. it all came apart easy

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
            The difference in braking is incredible, you will absolutely love the aspire swap!!
            i hope so i have to beat fetman in the auto x. only 2 sec off of him. 9 more days till race day

Originally posted by resuwrecked View Post
            It's the first performance swap everyone should do. Stopping is more important than going.
            i agree fast is nothing if u cant stop
            \/\_____________FORD
            FOREVER

Comment

Not only are the brakes better but the rear end tightens up a bit also. Are you also doing the front sway bars swap? Replacing the other susp/brakes parts?
              It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

yes i would like to put the aspire sway bar in.
                i think the next thing i am going to do is the DIY: Coilovers for the rest of us
                \/\_____________FORD
                FOREVER

Comment

Mikey, it was a great feeling after I did my first suspension swap. I'd never done anything so "extreme" before ripping the running gear out of my '89L in my parents' driveway (the only place I had to work on it in 2002). The most I'd done before was replacing radiators in two K cars and putting four new shocks on my Chevette. So that was a huge jump, and quite disconcerting at first!

Now I've done two brake swaps and an engine swap and getting ready for more "experiences."

Karl
                  Last edited by Safety Guy; 05-09-2010, 09:14 AM.
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                    Now I've done two brake swaps and an engine swap and getting ready for more "experiences."

Karl
                    I remember saying that a couple years ago and look where i am now, i'm up to 4 different engine swaps

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Get an aspire master cylinder too, bigger bore than stock.
                      sigpic
                      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

^^Yes but i always found the festiva M/C worked just fine

Comment

does anyone know if the tein coilovers for the festiva still work if you have the aspire swap??? i asume they should but i thought i heard something about difference in shock length between the aspire and festy
                          A nice car is like another mans woman, you can look but do not touch!

91 civic h/b built and boosted a6/z6 and wagovan real time 4wd conversion
                          68 plymouth barracuda fast back 4spd (summer car)
                          91 L (RIP)
                          65 plymouth sport fury 2dr convertible 440 (SOLD)
                          63 plymouth valiant 2 dr sedan (SOLD)
                          93 dodge dakota 5.2L 4x4 (SOLD)
                          86 Ranger 2.9L 4x4 with 4inch lift (SOLD)

AND I WISH I STILL HAD THEM ALL!

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                            Get an aspire master cylinder too, bigger bore than stock.
                            i did not think i need it so i let it go with the car if i need one i will have to grab it another time lol oooh well

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                            Mikey, it was a great feeling after I did my first suspension swap. I'd never done anything so "extreme" before ripping the running gear out of my '89L in my parents' driveway (the only place I had to work on it in 2002). The most I'd done before was replacing radiators in two K cars and putting four new shocks on my Chevette. So that was a huge jump, and quite disconcerting at first!

man i looked at it and did not know if i could do it but the aspire came apart so fast i cant wait to get it done
                            Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                            I remember saying that a couple years ago and look where i am now, i'm up to 4 different engine swaps
                            my goal is to at some point to do somthing new
                            i have a idea just looking in to stuff to make it work and the big thing money lool
                            Last edited by mikeycar500; 05-09-2010, 06:51 PM.
                            \/\_____________FORD
                            FOREVER

Comment

ok so today i did the front brake swap and you guys are all right the brakes are awsome
                              thats the good part.
                              the bad part is it dont handle vary well. is it cause i used the festiva lca.
                              it looks like the bottom of the wheels are trying to tuck under the car.
                              i am going to try the aspire lca and see if that does it.
                              tomorrow i am going to finsh the rest of the swap cause the car just looks dumb the way it is right now lol
                              thanks for any tip u guys may have for me

mike
                              \/\_____________FORD
                              FOREVER

Comment

Working...
                              X