Aspire LCA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire LCA?

can you use the aspire lower control arms on a festiva, along with the aspire brake swap?

No. They're too long. You use them with the Capri swap.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I Have the entire aspire suspension on my festy including the lca's. I havent had any problems yet, I did need chamber bolts though because of extreme neg. camber. It still appears to have some, but I have only done a self alignment and it seems to handle good and will prolly do better with computer alighnment. I have only used one set of camber bolts but if it needs more adjustment I will just get another set for the bottom holes. My setup makes lifted my festy but for i like the way it looks and it is alot more practical than lowering for me, due to the roads and country drivin I do. Btw I have the b6de swap with f trans. and regular 323 cv's.
      91' "Maztiva" my $400 Festy, with 96 B6DE/F25MR MX-3, and Aspire swap
      96' Exploder
      72' dodge Tradesman 200 "The Van"
      96' MX-3 - donor
      91' Festiva - parts

Comment

I used aspire control arms along with the brake swap. It aligned fine and drove fine.

Comment

alright? got some mixed answers here, im doing the aspire brake swap and putting in a b6t, i also would like to put in come tein coil overs, so would like the car pretty low. some people say the aspire lca fit on the festy, but would it be practical with the set-up i want?

Comment

I was always told it would cause your axles to pop out of the trans on a stock/aspire setup.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Ya maybe if you had a stock tranny but doesn't seem to happen with a swapped tranny if you have it in the right place.
              91' "Maztiva" my $400 Festy, with 96 B6DE/F25MR MX-3, and Aspire swap
              96' Exploder
              72' dodge Tradesman 200 "The Van"
              96' MX-3 - donor
              91' Festiva - parts

Comment

I had the stock engine, trans in the car with the aspire brake swap and aspire control arms. Also has the FMS lowering springs. My friend who is a mechanic did the alignment and I never had any problems with the car.

Comment

I had a thread going about aspire axles and they said no to both the axles and the control arms. Still no definate answer? Not saying you do not have them on your car angrygocart, but other members who have done swaps just say it doesn't work. Since I have more aspire parts left over than festiva stuff, it would be nice to use some of it, as aspire odds and ends don't have the same type of resale value.
                  1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

On the 4 swaps I've done I've always used the festiva control arm.
                    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

The last BP swap I did, I used new Festy LCA's. But I am no authority when it comes to these, I just used what was recommended by the other member's who had done them. FWIW
                      91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                      82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                      85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

With all of the research that I did, your safest bet would be to go with Festiva LCA's. Less risk that way. Good luck on the swap, I will be doing mine in the next week or two.

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
                        -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

Cool Beans Guys, Guess i will go with the safest bet and use the festiva control arms. thanks for all the input

Comment

Working...
                          X