Hub Centric rings for the spacers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
    Personal choice... I'd recommend the studs/nuts if you frequently take your wheels off for any reason. For example... if you do your tire rotations yourself or switch tires for racing/winter/drag. I know for certain I'm not the only member on here who gets frustrated trying to put wheels back on with lug bolts. It's quite the nuisance compared to other cars.
    Agree that it's a personal choice. Having owned several Audis, I actually prefer the lug bolts (if using a wheel with the correct hub diameter or a hubcentric ring). On my Festiva I have hubcentric rings on the aftermarket wheels and they are easier to mount with lug bolts. This is because you just need to mount the wheel on the hub which takes the weight of the wheel/tire. Then you can easily rotate it until the holes match (which they do because of the centering ring on the wheel) and put the lug bolts in. This is even more helpful when the wheel tire combo is very heavy and you are not trying to align the studs with the holes on the wheel. Doesn't matter how many times you take the wheels off.

Anyway, with thin spacers, unless they also have the correct hub diameter (doubt you will find them for a Festiva or Aspire) the whole thing changes. Much easier to install the wheels if you are using studs.
    Oscar

Comment

I useta run spacers for my 14x6 wheels, but then changed rear struts to the Aspire ones, with the higher spring perch. Now no spacers.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Okay awesome, thanks guys.
        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Working...
        X