New rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rims

Well for the past while i have been collecting all the parts i need for the aspire swap. Just yesterday i finally got some rims that have to look i was looking for and were only $160 and 6hr drive away lol. The rims are prime 292s nothing fancy and tires are a 185/60/14 but i think ill get some lower profile tires later.

I cant wait to get them on the car!
    BP Festiva on MS2 with gsxr itbs Woot!!!

sweet keep us update

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

right on... I think those will looks sweet...
      90 festiva BP/G25MR swap, spec v seats, aspire brakes, FMS springs, round headlight conversion with HID's, custom exhaust, fiberglass hood, and a whole lotta bodywork
      BEFORE AFTER

Comment

So what are you going to do with the sharks? (hint hint)

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

going back to a friend i had a deal with that i could use them.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleHoe View Post
            right on... I think those will looks sweet...
            whats that supposed to mean ... lol

Comment

toyo T1-R tires on the way woot.

Comment

postman: I'm doing the same job here at the moment, though I keep getting interrupted so I haven't done much other than painting the new calipers red (hehe)...

Just curious, you've taken the drums off the rear trailing arm, are you buying new shoes or entirely new drums? Mine came off a 180,000km (111,000mile) aspire, its front brakes were shot (bought new rotors & pads) so probably I should replace the shoes too.

And sorry to hijack your thread but just a quick question. I've painted my front calipers red, just wondering, if I was to paint the drums would I need caliper paint again for those? ie: do drums get hot? Was thinking of painting drums black.
                Last edited by Click_It; 05-28-2010, 10:17 PM.
                200,000KM milestone!

Comment

I like the wheels. They resemble the Speedlines that came stock on the 90-92 Audi Coupe Quattros that came to NA. Here's a photo of mine (sold it a couple years ago though)

Oscar

Comment

Love the wheels. I also love the picture of the rear axle with the crow bar hanging on it. I recently did the aspire swap, and might be able to help you out before you do the same mistake that I did. With the swap you need to get the two aspire brackets that hold the rear axle to the frame of the car. You won't be able to re-use the festiva ones, trust me I contemplated it, lol.
                    Good luck on the swap. OH and make sure you completely take apart your drums and check to see if your E-brake cable inside the drums moves freely, as well as the brake cylinder. When I got my set up both of these were problems for me, even though they looked fine on the outside.
                    And I am not too sure about the Ebrake cable, if you can use the festiva one or not. I used the aspire one and It works great.
                    Well Good luck again!!!!
                    Last edited by timmay89; 05-29-2010, 09:14 AM.

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
                    -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

Originally posted by Click_It View Post
                      postman: I'm doing the same job here at the moment, though I keep getting interrupted so I haven't done much other than painting the new calipers red (hehe)...

Just curious, you've taken the drums off the rear trailing arm, are you buying new shoes or entirely new drums?
                      The drums looked ok so i am going to do new shoes for them and as for paint i think ill do all black.

Originally posted by timmay89 View Post
                      Love the wheels. I also love the picture of the rear axle with the crow bar hanging on it. I recently did the aspire swap, and might be able to help you out before you do the same mistake that I did. With the swap you need to get the two aspire brackets that hold the rear axle to the frame of the car. You won't be able to re-use the festiva ones, trust me I contemplated it, lol.

Well Good luck again!!!!
                      thanks for the info looks like ill have to make a trip to the pic n pull and get those off the aspire i got the rear from.

Comment

Originally posted by postman101 View Post
                        The drums looked ok so i am going to do new shoes for them and as for paint i think ill do all black.
                        Nice, I've got a mate coming down next weekend or the following to help me do the entire aspire swap in one go. The main thing I figure I'll need the help with is the rear axle (physically too heavy to lift and maneuver on my own) - Also painting my drums black. Good work, keep us posted. I'll get back to my own thread with pictures and updates when I get back into it. :thumbup:

Originally posted by timmay89 View Post
                        With the swap you need to get the two aspire brackets that hold the rear axle to the frame of the car.
                        Yeah I removed mine complete with the brackets attached still. To be honest I never even thought about whether I needed them, just wanted to take as much as possible. Took all 4 struts too figuring they were probably excess waste but have now learnt the rear aspire struts come in handy when going up to 15" wheels.
                        Last edited by Click_It; 05-29-2010, 06:09 PM.
                        200,000KM milestone!

Comment

well the tires came in now just waiting for coilovers that should be here monday or tuesday.

Comment

Look nice what size tires.

Comment

195/45/14

Comment

Working...
                              X