17x7.5 wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17x7.5 wheels?

Is it possible to have 17 inch by 7.5inch wheels on a wa 93 festiva also having the 35mm lowering springs?

EDIT: Just realised theyre 5 stud but you get the picture.
    Last edited by NicholasJackson; 07-28-2010, 06:08 PM. Reason: mistake
    93 Ford Festiva WA (project car)
    98 Ford Festiva WF (aspire)(parts car)
    98 "Gloria" Toyota Corolla AE101 (daily driver)

oh wow i dout thats possible
    1990 Ford Festiva 196k Automatic (Gone) " It's a small car so you gotta drive it like your ticked off... Small cars need to be driven fast"
    :spam1:is delicious

Comment

Damn thats a shame. Ill still try researching though.

Comment

Ooh, I like those wheels, but good luck making them fit. On the plus side, you'll never need brakes again, 'cause I doubt the car will roll much.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I think the biggest I've seen on a festy was 16". 15" is a tight fit. I think 13-14" looks best on these cars.
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Thanks guys, a man can dream ahhah

Comment

Someone here has done it. They had to cut the rear suspension arm and weld a channel in it. It allowed the wheel to fit up into the fenderwell. It was like seeing 24's on a small body car.

Heck I tell people that mine are "scale" 20s.

They are 15's tho, but I keep 'em clean....:lol:

Look up Rallytiva..he had 16's
              -Greg
              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
              Redneck Engineer
              FOTY - '09
              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by NicholasJackson View Post
                Is it possible to have 17 inch by 7.5inch wheels on a wa 93 festiva also having the 35mm lowering springs?

EDIT: Just realised theyre 5 stud but you get the picture.
                Even if they do, how heavy would the wheel/tire combo be? You need to consider a brake upgrade with a big-wheel setup. A stock Festy 12" wheel/tire weighs about 23 lbs., and Festy brakes are marginal. With heavier wheels/tires, there is more rotating mass to bring to a stop; longer stopping distances. I can tell the difference with my 14" rims/tires, which are only about 7 lbs. heavier than the 12" Festy rims/tires. IMO the best overall setup is a 13x5.5" aluminum rim with Aspire brakes; good tires available, no weight gain, better braking.

I will be doing the Capri XR2 front-brake upgrade real soon now, to bring my 14s to a quick stop.
                Last edited by TominMO; 07-28-2010, 08:10 PM.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                  Even if they do, how heavy would the wheel/tire combo be? You need to consider a brake upgrade with a big-wheel setup. A stock Festy 12" wheel/tire weighs about 23 lbs., and Festy brakes are marginal. With heavier wheels/tires, there is more rotating mass to bring to a stop; longer stopping distances. I can tell the difference with my 14" rims/tires, which are only about 7 lbs. heavier than the 12" Festy rims/tires. IMO the best overall setup is a 13x5.5" aluminum rim with Aspire brakes; good tires available, no weight gain, better braking.

I will be doing the Capri XR2 front-brake upgrade real soon now, to bring my 14s to a quick stop.
                  Sure thing good old inertia and momentum. Yeah thing is we dont have as much access to the kia's and aspires in aus than you guys in us, its a little tougher work.

Comment

17s on a festiva???

It'll definitely be one of the frst donked-out Festys!
                    1989 Carby L: Stock. Slow.
                    1998 Mustang Cobra: ported heads, cams, longtubes, 4.30 gears
                    2016 Focus ST: daily driven go-kart

Comment

lol that would be the definition of Overkill my friend.
                      91 red l-

Comment

My 14's will just touch once in a while with a load on board. 185/65's
                        l have lightly rolled fenders.
                        Aspires and Sways all around, Miata B6 installed, KYB G2Rs just installed in front. Wish for coil overs someday.

Comment

extra roational mass = retarded....
                          ---------------------------------------------------
                          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                          ---------------------------------------------------
                          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

festivaWES,Datz funny HAHAHAHAHA. . . . . .. . . . . .oops,I made a doodie
                            Go Fast !!,Take Chances !!

Comment

Member Seanpaintsflames had 17's on his festy. Couldn't find his pics but there's one here 3rd post down....
                              Discuss improvements to your Festiva or Aspire in the handling, braking, wheels and tires areas.
                              "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Working...
                              X