No announcement yet.

Making Pinto wheels fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not all uni-lug systems used the washers, though some did. If I had done the Aspire swap I would have had to machine the other direction. Pinto wheels are 4x4.25.

Bill

Comment

I think they look good on the car!
      1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
      1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
      1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
      1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
      1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
      1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
      1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

I have never seen a uni-lug wheel, however, without shank nuts. they provide a lot of extra centering force. They all *should* have the washers.

I would never do that on my car. But then I have a 'wheel guy' who would drill the proper pattern adjacent to the existing pattern if I was in that situation. He's done several similar modifications for me in the past (hub bore-outs, flange modifications, might get him to widen some wheels sometime)
        I have, however, seen sketchier things done and hold just fine.

Comment

If I were to do it I would use the shank nuts like the guy above was saying. In fact, if I end up with a Volvo in my near future (next RWD car) I'm going to have to do it with wheels because they use 5x108 bolt pattern, lol.
          Last edited by chrisofna; 09-02-2010, 10:14 PM.
          Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
          1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
          2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
          2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Working...
          X